7|DNA

Today was Lauren's first performance at the Widenburg Performing Arts center and Marissa was sure she would wow the crowd with her piano skills. Lauren had been practicing non-stop ever since her music teacher told her she registered her at Widenburg's music program.

Marissa was putting the last touches on Lauren's hair and then stepped back to admire her work.

Lauren was the most gorgeous little girl Marissa had ever seen. Her gorgeous hazel eyes were sparkling of happiness and her long brown hair was styled into waves with the first strand on each side pulled back. Lauren wore a sparkling creme colored dress with white ballet shoes and pantyhose.

"You look beautiful baby" Marissa smiled before taking a picture of Lauren.

Marissa wore a simple tight black dress that reached right above her knees with red heels.

It was a shame Lincoln would miss it. Actually, he will he missing a lot of things. Last night, his boss called saying they need help overseas. Lincoln won't return until a month from now and Marissa was not happy about it.

"Let's go" Said Marissa to a smiling Lauren.

As soon as Marissa stepped foot outside, she heard a crunch sound. When she looked down, she noticed she stepped on flowers.

"They're not for you this time" Michael clarified and kneeled down and gave the flowers to Lauren.
"We don't need your gifts" Marissa said annoyed.

Michael watched the innocent girl tugging onto Marissa's arm and ushering her to go. But more so, he looked at Marissa's body inside that dress. Her legs were gorgeous and shiny and her hips were just... wow.

"You guys look amazing" Michael smiled.
"We need to go" Marissa said handing Michael back the flowers.

--
Lauren was a couple minutes late but luckily, there were two people still ahead of her. While Lauren walked backstage, Marissa took a seat only to find Michael already sitting down.

"Why are you here?" Marissa sighed.
"I'm here to support Lauren" He said truthfully. "And I need to talk to you"

The audience clapped as the current performance finished.

"There's nothing to talk about" Marissa said.
"When's Lauren's birthday?"
"It's none of your buisness."
"I'm curious"
"March 3rd"

Michael looked as if he was doing an equation inside his head and then randomly turned to look at the performance happening.

"You're a bad liar Marissa" Michael informed her.
"And your a bad cheater" She rebuttled.

Finally, it was Lauren's turn and Marissa's heart filled with joy as she watched her little girl walk across the stage and sit at the piano.

"Hello, my name is Lauren and I'll be playing the piano edition of 'Eye of the Tiger'" She said.

Michael sat back and heard the melody the tiny girl was playing. Lauren had stole a little piece of his heart without him even knowing her. He felt a love connection he couldn't decipher.

In the end, Lauren smiled before saying thanks and walked off stage. Both Marissa and Michael cheered for her performance.

--
"You did so good baby" Marissa congratulated her.

Lauren smiled and took a big scoop of the ice cream Michael bought for her.

"You were amazing" he said as the little family walked back to the car.

Marissa told Lauren to go inside while she talked to Michael.

"As much as I hate you, thank you for coming. Lincoln couldn't be here so you made her really happy" Marissa said truthfully.
"Anytime." Michael nodded.