24|Blood

Red. 

That was all you can see on the white marble floors. A flowing river, calm and serene. The river had a certain thickness unusual for water. It flowed slowly but surely. 

Above it, floated a person. Her hair short and blonde, typical style of the 20's. Her skin was pearl white and saggy, touched by time. 

In front of her sat her son staring down at her, emotionless. In his hand was a knife covered in the blood dripping onto the floor, further extending the river above it. 

23 stabs to the chest. 5 was all it took until Claire was out cold but the anger inside of Michael did not allow him to stop. 

--

Marissa sat at home, braiding Lauren's hair when suddenly Lincoln entered the home they share. The sight in front of him made him gulp. 

"Who are you?" Marissa asked him, focusing on Lauren's braid. 

Lincoln sighed, sitting across from them. He knew Lauren returning home was inevitable. 

27 years earlier...

"I'm fucking pregnant!" Claire screamed. "I fucking told you not to cum in me, what the fuck am I gonna do now?" 

Claire was speaking to James, a man unknown to the public who she was seeing. 

"Just tell Robert you guys are pregnant again" He replied. 
"We haven't had sex in months! He refuses. All his attention is on that fucking twerp." She replied referring to her three year old son, Michael. ]

"Tell him you have a business trip. 9 months" 
"He won't believe that" Claire said. 
"By the looks of it, he doesn't care what you do as long as he has his son with him"

"She had me secretly in a basement with my father by her side. I never saw her again in person until recently. The only bond I had with her were letters and emails until video chatting became a thing" Lincoln continued. "Then one day she shows up, telling me she has something she wants me to do. I craved a relationship with my mother, so I did it. I knew everything all along, my father told me every detail once I was old enough to understand." 

"Where is your father?" Marissa asked. 
"He died of a heart attack" He paused. "But he was also about to tell Robert and Michael the truth, he believed it was time everyone knew, and then he suddenly passed away" Lincoln forced a smile. 

"So all this abuse, for what? What did you gain?" Marissa asked. 

"Her love."

--

Michael continue staring at his mother before the sound of sirens engulfed the mansion. The lights flashed outside as a police officer instructed the SWAT team to enter the home and arrest Michael. 

He slid the knife away and slowly got up as they handcuffed him. 

"Michael Jones, you are under arrest for the murder of Claire Jones. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

Michael shook his head stealing one last glance at his mother's lifeless body. 

The scene was all broadcasted on the news, Claire's dream of being a top story finally came true.

Marissa and Lincoln sat watching it all unfold on TV. 

"Michael Jones, one of America's most beloved actor has just been arrested for the murder of his mom, Claire Jones. According to police, Michael made the 911 call himself and waited on the scene until police arrive. His court date is set for next week with many witnesses testifying. Among them, Lincoln Monroe, Michael's half-brother and Marissa Costello, his ex-wife. 

"He knew?" Marissa asked. 

Lincoln nodded. "Claire's last words."

~~~~

 - Umbrella usually symbolizes the canopy of the heavens, shelter, and protection. It is often an emblem of power and dignity. The umbrella is a traditional Indian symbol of wealth and status, as is any ability to shield oneself from bad weather.