20|Wickedly

It was how two whole months later and Marissa was finally released from the hospital. Once they received the news, Lincoln and Michael argued over who should watch over her.

Ultimately, they left the decision to Marissa to decide, even though she still had no memory as to who the two men were.

"Well, shouldn't I go home with my husband?" She laughed softly.

Michael smiled before realizing she was speaking about Lincoln. He still didn't understand why he didnt speak up when Lincoln claimed himself as Marissa's husband.

"Good choice honey. However, Michael can spend the next two nights in our home. I have very important matters to attend to" Lincoln  smiled wickedly at Michael. "If that's fine with you of course"

Michael nodded.

Before they knew it, they were at the apartment Lincoln owned with Marissa.

Michael carefully placed her onto her bed while Lincoln fetch an icepack for her ribs.

As soon as Lincoln placed it on Marissa, he was gone.

Marissa stared at Michael hoping that something on his face would bring even a glimpse of a flashback but nothing.

"I know who Lincoln is but you never told me who you were" Marissa stated.
"I'm Michael. We have a daughter together" he said.

Marissa laughed softly.

"That's silly. I wouldn't have a baby with someone I hadn't married"

Michael looked at her in a way that gave Marissa her answer.

"Oh" was all she managed to say.
"Where is this 'daughter' you speak of?" She asked.
"I- I don't know. She was in the car with you but she was nowhere to be found after the fact"

Marissa smiled softly. "What did we name her?"
"Lauren"

Michael pulled out his phone and showed Marissa a picture of their creation. The picture was of Lauren swinging at the park with a huge smile on her face.

"Lauren" Marissa repeated softly while a tear escaped her eyes.
"You remember?" Michael asked.

Marissa shook her head.

"I remember screaming her name after the car flipped over but nothing else." She paused. "How could I forget my own daughter, what kind of mother does that make me"

"Its not your fault"

Marissa wiped away the other tears that had now flooded her face before putting pressure on her ice pack.

"Are you saying shes dead?" Marissa asked.

Michael froze. He hadn't considered Lauren's state. He always believed someone took her, never that she was dead but now as the days have gone by it seemed like a real possibility.

"Not dead, just missing"

--

"How long are we keeping her for?" Lincoln asked Claire who was rocking in her rocking chair outside.
"Until we get our ransom money"

Lincoln borrowed his eyebrows.

"You're putting her up for ransom now?" Lincoln questioned in shock.
"$42 million" she stated.
"Why?"
"A little extra money won't hurt. The publicity hasn't made me as much money as I anticipated so he's going to have to make up for the deficit. Plus, it'll be fun" Claire smiled wickedly.

Lincoln relaxed back in his own chair.

"What if he doesn't pay?" Lincoln questioned.
"He'll pay"