18|Guppy

No recent transactions, just a withdrawal of $20,000

Michael read the message over and over hoping there was a secret message between the letters showing where that sum of money went.

Claire had never been one to spend a huge sum of money on anything that can't be seen. Her fortunes were spent on anything visible to bystanders such as her enormous mansion, designer clothes, luxurious cars and everything else that is materialistic.

Whatever she purchased with that money would never be traced back to her since it would of been done in cash.

"Marissa has minor injuries in her spine. If the shard we dislodged from her back was an inch lower she would of been paralyzed for life" The doctor spoke. "She has a lot of brain activity which is good, means she's conscience. She just doesn't want to wake up yet"

Michael let out a sigh of relief. At least there was some good news in this whole mess.

There was still no sign of Lauren. Michael ordered to see surveillance footage of every corner in the state none had a sign of her.

What hurt Michael the most was the fact that he just got his daughter only for her to be taken again.

Michael took a seat next to Marissa's hospital bed and gently placed his hands on top of her much softer ones. The once warm skin was now cold and stiff. He vowed to kill whoever did this to his family.

It was then that Michael felt a twitch. It wasn't his fingers but the ones under his. He smiled.

--

Lauren was unaware of the entire situation. Being surrounded by Lincoln, she felt a sense of security with no danger.

The only injury she suffered from the accident was a scratch to her arm and forehead which Lincoln and Claire have been closely monitoring for an infection.

"Where's my mommy?" Lauren asked Lincoln who was playing tea party with her.
"She went on a trip. She told me to watch you for a little while" Lincoln responded as he poured imaginary tea into Lauren's teacup.

Lauren's hair was tied up into two pigtails on each side of her head. She was dressed in a huge purple princess gown and held onto her teddy bear which she named Guppy.

Unknown to anyone, Michael had installed a camera inside of Guppy which he used to watch Lauren at all times when he first received custody of her. However, the camera is only switched on when Guppy is on.

"Hug me" Guppy would say, signaling he was on. But lately he's low on batteries.

Lincoln and Lauren's head turned towards the door as they heard Claire's racing footsteps. Her heels created an echo of Click clack inside the entire mansion.

By the time she got to where they were, she was out of breath. She took a few deep breaths before speaking:

"She's awake"