DEUX

"We're going to Earth

"We're going to Earth." Cass couldn't stop mumbling that one sentence. Throughout the shaking of the ship, the mumbling of others amongst them in the drop ship, that one sentence always found a way to escape her.

"Wow, that's almost as interesting as the last few hundred times you said it." Jasper commented, turning to look at her with his eyebrows raised slightly. "Are we going to Mars next?"

Before Cass could reply with a sarcastic comment, perhaps a "fuck you" or something more death threatening, the TV's began flickering, black and white dizzying lines scratching against each other before the Chancellor's face showed up on the screen.

"Prisoners of the Ark," he began. "Hear me now. You've been given a second chance and as your Chancellor, it is my hope that you see this as a chance not just for you, but a chance for all of us, indeed, for mankind itself." Cass rolled her eyes after those words, her dark eyes flicking back to the TV. "We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable."

A scoff left her lips before she could even think about it, and Monty chuckling softly at her reaction. "Well, he might as well tell us that no one gives a crap about us." Retorts Monty, Cass smiling softly a bit at his words.

"Yeah, way to drop the news with no holding back." Cass agrees, Monty and herself exchanging a small laugh before turning back to the TV.

"You're dad's a dick, Wells!" A voice is heard yelling through the drop ship, followed by some laughter. The laughter also came from Monty and Jasper, but Cass didn't even crack a smile.

Where was Wells? How the hell did the Chancellor's son make it on to the drop ship? Were, surprisingly, the only two questions making their way to Cass's head, nothing else really filling in any blank voids. Eventually, her eyes drew out Wells, and he was siting next to a girl...Clarke? She couldn't be too sure.

After noticed other kids beginning to unstrap themselves after some guy did, Cass glared at everyone before deciding to speak up. "Hey," she yelled. "If you guys don't want to have your skull caved into your head or loose the little bit of brains you have left, I suggest you strap in and stop playing rebel."

Eventually, the ship took a violent jerk, sending the floating kids in all directions of the ship, pipes bursting and steam, or what Cass hoped was steam, began shooting throughout the entire ship. Sh inhaled a sharp breath, the rocking of the ship making her stomach go in directions she never thought it could go. Any other sounds were foreign to Cass, the only things audible were the occasional sparks from the ship and the cries of other kids.

The ship went through several stages where the lights began flashing on and off, the panicked cries getting louder and louder, and all Cass could focus on doing was planning to stay alive. For Ti. For mom. Dad. Suddenly, everything went silent. The cries calmed down, the ship made a noise that sounded as though it was slowly powering off, and Cass smiled with relief and happiness. She did it, she was alive

"Listen," Monty spoke over the heaved pants through the upper parts of the ship. "No machine hum."

Almost immediately after, everyone got unbuckled and hurried down the ladder after someone announced that the door was on the other level. "Via!" Cass yelled, searching for her cellmate. "Via, you here?"

"Cass!" Eventually, Cass noticed the head of raven hair, and it wasn't very far. A sigh of relief followed as Cass pushed herself past many of the other delinquents, hugging Octavia in relief.  "You're okay!"

"Of course I am, I'm Cass Arsen." She said jokingly, making Octavia laugh softly.

Hearing a male voice, Octavia quickly pulled away from the hug. "What is it, Via?" Cass asks, following her friend through the crowd of kids. No answer, fine, she'll fight for one.

"Bellamy?" Octavia asked. Gears started turning in Cass's mind, as she slowly followed as the thoughts and theories began to work their magic. If she remembered correctly, Bellamy was the name of her older brother. So, how the hell did her older brother get down here?

"Look how big you are," Bellamy said before she hugged him. Immediately, everyone started whispering about the two, especially Octavia, which made Cass pissed off.

"What the hell are you wearing?" She scolds. "A guards uniform?"

"I borrowed it." Bellamy quickly answered. "To get on the drop ship. Someone's gotta keep an eye on you." He said before hugging the girl back.

"Hey, where's your wristband?" The blonde-maybe Clarke?-asks.

Octavia unhooked herself from Bellamy, turning to face Clarke. "Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year."

"No one has a brother!" Someone yelled from inside the drop ship. "It's Octavia Blake! The girl they found hidden in the floor!"

"And look next to her!" Another shouted. "Cass Arsen, the girl hiding in the closet!"

Immediately, laughter arose from within the drop ship, and Cass watched as Bellamy held back his sister, Cass trying to contain her own anger. "Octavia, Octavia, no!" He snaps. "Let's give them something else to remember you by."

"Oh yeah, like what?" She snapped, Cass's interest peaked.

"How about the first person to be on the ground in a hundred years?" Bellamy suggests, Cass clearing her throat.

"It's actually only been ninety-seven years." She stated from her spot by Octavia, getting annoyed glares from the people around her and a small laugh from her friend.

"Bellamy, this is my friend Cass. If I'm going to be the first person on Earth, she's going to be the second."

His eyes glanced up to her, her dark eyes meeting his own as she sent an awkward wave. "Hi." She said, making Octavia laugh slightly at her awkwardness.

The attention was turned away from them when Bellamy grabbed the handle that opened the drop ship, everyone eyeing the door cautiously and anxiously before a stream of light hit everyone, followed by, what Cass hoped again was, steam and a gust of wind. Everyone watched as Octavia slowly walked out and took Cass's hand. The air was refreshing, hitting her like a...what was it called...a wave? The sunlight soaked her skin, the heat growing in her dark grey shirt, the heat staying a little longer.

The bright green leaves casting shadows upon her face as her and Octavia shared an excited smile, Octavia hopping off the drop ship. Seeing as if was fine, Cass followed. The ground crunched beneath her black boots, making her laugh a little.

"We're back, bitches!" Octavia screams, her hands pumping into the air as everyone let out a small battle cry, Cass doing the same as she watched everyone run out of the drop ship. A sudden realization dawned over her, one she should've recognized sooner.

They were home.