NEUF

Cass felt as though her legs would soon fall off, all the walking and running and the two near death experiences had proved to be too much for her

Cass felt as though her legs would soon fall off, all the walking and running and the two near death experiences had proved to be too much for her. She wanted to eat and sleep, those were her terms for the rest of the night. Before collapsing, a hopeful smiled made itself present on her lips. The sight of fire. Camp. Home. She continued trudging through, helping Murphy and Bellamy carry the dead animal. Finn and Wells had already taken care of Jasper, and she didn't want to feel useless or like a waste of space, so she helped carry it. And it paid off.

Dropping the dead animal to the ground, Cass wiped her hands against her dirty jeans as she looked up at Bellamy, helping him pull off the cover of the dead animal. They looked at each other for a brief minute, her gesturing to him to go ahead and speak for them. "Who's hungry?" He called, the teens around them crying out with joy and celebration.

Cass joined their cry, gasping as she felt two arms wrap around her. "Don't go on anymore suicide missions!" She heard the familiar voice of the youngest Blake plead, making Cass laugh weakly as she hugged back.

"Trust me, I don't want to anymore than you do." The Arsen girl admits. "But, someone has to."

"Does it have to be you? Really?" Octavia asks as she pulls away.

Rolling her eyes, Cass playfully shoved Octavia's shoulder. "Go to your brother, give him a hug. Do cute sibling things." She joked, Octavia sighing heavily as she walked back to her brother.

She rolled her shoulders out as Octavia walked away, wincing as she touched the back of her shoulder blade. Feeling something sticky cover her fingers, Cass gently pulled away and looked at her fingers. She could faintly see a deep color staining her fingers. Blood.

Maybe she needed to get it bandaged. Walking into the drop ship, Cass luckily found a spare piece of cloth laying off to the side. It was a little small, but it would have to do. She noticed a light on at the upper level of the drop ship, so she decided to go behind it and try to take care of her wound. First, her dark vest came off before her flannel followed. Carefully, she removed her dark grey tank top, leaving the brunette's top half in only in her black bra. Carefully, she tried to use her hand to find the residing area of her cut. Though, it wasn't very easy.

"I-Sorry." Jumping, Cass turned her head and saw Bellamy quickly turning around, which surprised you.

"Shouldn't you be taking advantage of seeing a girl partially naked without having to ask?" She joked, shaking her head.

Hearing the crunch of footsteps, she assumed it was either Bellamy leaving, turning around, or being a dick and trying to get Murphy or someone to see. "Well, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're all focused on food rather than trying to get laid."

Cass scoffed as she tried to place the cloth in the guessed place, cursing as she failed to reach the spot. "Wise words, Mr. Blake." She teased, removing the cloth from her tan skin before sighing heavily. "This might be a weird question...okay, it really is a weird question," she begins. "But can you help but this on my cut?" She asks. "Please?"

It was silent for a little while, but she managed to hear the crunch of sticks and heavy feet fall to the ground. Part of her felt a little awkward, but then again, she didn't want to bleed out. She felt a calloused take the cloth from her hand, and Cass exhaled slowly from the contact. "Hold still." She hears him, his hot breath tickling her neck as she tried to refrain from moving.

Eventually, she felt the cloth come into contact with her skin, and she hissed before frowning slightly. "You okay?" She hears him ask, nodding as she tugged at her braided hair.

"Peachy, just fighting through the pain." She joked, waiting until the pressure from his hand was removed.

"Okay, you're good." He confirms. "The cloth just covers it."

Thanking him, she bent down and carefully slid the tank top back on. "Shouldn't that be cleaned out?" He asks, his voice fainter than before.

"We need to supplies for Jasper," she says, slipping her flannel back on to her. "I didn't almost die twice to have all the supplies go MIA."

"Speaking of," Bellamy adds as Cass puts her vest back over her. "That was stupid."

The brunette turned around, furrowing her eyebrows at the males words. "What? What was stupid?"

"Putting yourself on the line like that." The oldest Blake explains as he begins to follow Cass from behind the drop ship. "You could've died."

She laughed softly, shaking her head a bit at his words. "Hey, Side Chick isn't going away anytime soon." Cass jokes. "You're stuck with me, Blake. Like or not."

The youngest Arsen child crossed her arms over her chest, Bellamy letting out a faint chuckle. "It could be worse right?" He asks, Cass nodding in agreement. "Well, guess I'm stuck with you."

"Damn straight. Be honored." Smiling, she turned on her heels before going to grab some of the freshly cooked food.

She would boast about her near death experiences, but they weren't very exciting. To her, sure. To others, probably not. Cass watched as Bellamy began handing bits of meat to those who removed their wristbands for food, but she got a free meal.

Good to be free from the damned wristbands.