CINQ

"Lets say we agree to take them off," Cass begins, stepping up a bit

"Lets say we agree to take them off," Cass begins, stepping up a bit. "Then what what's in it for us?"

Bellamy looks at her as she asks the questions, and Cass watches as a small smile forms in his face. "Someone gets to help me with things."

A heavy sigh exited her lips, followed by her once folded arms sliding down and her hands going in her back pockets. "Why do I not like the sound of that?" She mutters before following Bellamy, looking at him once he's stopped walking. "How do you plan on taking them off? Spacewalker tried and it didn't work for him." Cass explained.

Bellamy then turned to face Cass, and she watched as a small smirk formed on his lips. "Hand me your wrist and I'll show you." He tells her.

The brunette exhales slowly, nodding as she holds out her wrist. Bellamy's hand takes her wrist while his other hand pulls out a knife. She was surprised that his hands were warm, not that the ground was cold. She was just expecting cold hands. Suddenly, she winced as she felt the knife go underneath the bracelet and, in no time, it was off.

"That's how you take them off." He snaps her out of her thoughts, looking at the fallen bracelet before meeting Cass's eyes.

Although she was happy, that she wasn't a lab rat for the Ark, she was still upset to the idea. Now, her brother thinks she dead.

Please come down here, Titus. Please.

----------

The fire was alive, people were cheering and celebrating as Murphy (she finally learned his name), Bellamy, and Cass began to help remove the bracelets from all the others. Finally, they could be considered free. The night was a little chilly, nothing to be too worried about. But it still sent shivers down Cass's spine, but to her it was a reminder that she was alive.

"What the hell are you doing?" The crowd quieted down and turned its attention to Wells as he began to speak.

Murphy's friend began to advance and Bellamy held him back, but Cass took her stance at Bellamy's side. "We're liberating ourselves," he says. "What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're trying to get us all killed," Wells argued, a hint of anger and frustration in his voice. Bellamy seemed annoyed, shifting in his feet as Wells continued to speak, but Cass just planted her feet firmly on the ground and watched. "The communications system is dead, these wristbands are all we've got. Take them off, and the Ark will think we're dying, that it's not safe for them to follow."

Cass held up her hand towards Wells, signaling him that it was to,w for him to stop talking. "Wells, we're taking them off so that the Ark does think we're dead. So that we can have Earth to ourselves!" The crowd began to cheer at Cass's words, Wells just grew more frustrated.

"We can take care of ourselves, Chancellor. Can't we?" Bellamy urged, the crowd once again cheering at his words.

Wells did not seem pleased, but Cass just kept looking on at Wells. The point was for the Ark to think that they're dead, why can't he seem to understand that? They didn't want the Ark to follow. But, Cass did want her brother back. "Our friends and our families are up there. Our farmers, our doctors, our engineers. I don't care what he tells you, we won't survive here on our own." A short silence fell among them, only broken by the sounds of chirping crickets. "And besides," he continues. "If it really is safe, how could you not want the rest of our people to come down?"

This time, Bellamy was quick to fire back. "My people, are already down," he gestured to the crowd. "Those people," Bellamy used his hands and pointed up to the sky. "Locked my people up." As Bellamy continued to speak, he advanced towards Wells, but as much as Cass wanted to try and stop whatever fight may break out, she knew it was useless. "Those people killed my mother for the crime of having a second child. Your father did that."

"My father didn't write the laws." Wells snapped, venom laced in his voice.

"He could've changed them, Wells." Cass fired back, marching up to Bellamy's side. For some reason, she felt an anger burn inside of her, one she hasn't felt in a while. "Do you know what it's like to know that you're the cause of your mother's death? To know that you're the reason why the woman who gave everything up for you is dead?"

Another silence fell among them, and Cass managed to slowly calm herself down. "He can't do that anymore." Cass turned to Bellamy as she heard those words, feeling his dark eyes trace her own before he looked back to Wells, the delinquent following. "Not here. Here? There are no laws," the crowd slowly began to cheer, Wells turning his head as he watched the crowd cheer. "Here, we do whatever the hell we want, whenever the hell we want!" The crowd once again cheered louder, but Bellamy wasn't finished with his speech yet.

"Now, you don't have to like it, Wells," he continued. "You can even try to stop it, change it. Kill me. You know why?" Another silence fell, as if the silence was Wells way of telling Bellamy to tell him why. But Cass did it for him.

"Whatever the hell we want." She said with a smirk, smiling as Murphy began to shout the chant, the rest of the group following as Bellamy began to step out of Wells way, gesturing to the scene around him.

The crowd began to continuously cheer it, the volume increasing as people's voices got louder. Cass joined in on the cheer, smiling as she pumped her fist in the air with the chant. She noticed that Wells and Bellamy were having a stare off, and her cheering came to a stop. Before Cass could break up the two boys before any real fighting happened, a rumbled erupted from the sky above, and all heads pointed upwards, followed by water falling.

Thunder and rain.

The cheering in the crowd increased, no longer chants but excited cries. Everyone began cheering at the rain, some were even praising it, but Cass just opened her arms and let the water soak her skin.

Whatever the hell we want.