But I can't let go

River POV:

When Evan comes to pick me up, someone ends up tagging along. And it's not someone who I want to see. Cheryl.

I can see that Cheryl is trying to hide her snickering. Since I'm not that dumb, unlike Fishy Mo Mo, I know it's a trap. Even if it isn't, then Evan doesn't deserve me if he hangs out with Cheryl swine.

My hand clasps my phone. Slowly, my fingers make their way around the phone and attempt to dial Micheal's number. Turns out, I'm not a spy and I haven't memorized my phone. So now you can guess what happened.

Instead of calling Micheal, I called Jordan. Just. My. Luck. Hey, at least it's a guy!

I whisper the instructions to him and he says he'll be here. In like a minute. After all, a mile a minute. In a car.

"Well well. What do we have here?" Cheryl laughs, not a nice kind like pity, but like full out mean girl bench queen style.

She stares down admiring my outfit. Probably not admiring it, but trying to kill me and burn me with her glares. Well it's working!

"Actually, I'm waiting for someone else. You know? Someone else that your filthy ogre lips haven't touched?" I retort. At least I still have my incredible comebacks.

"So you were going to cheat on him? You are such a-"

"I know. But I realized yesterday that Evan is kind of a- how can I say this? Not. On. My. Level. I'm way too good for him." My voice is calm and leveled when my heart is beating like crazy.

"Ugh! I hate you! Get away from me!" I learned something today. Cheryl is horrible at comebacks. Let's see how Evan handles it.

"River, just accept the fact that I didn't actually like you when I asked you out tonight." He mutters shaking his head.

"Evan, you are a plain jerk. And I'm sorry for calling you a jerk. Because you aren't one. That would be an offense to jerks all around the world. Also, if you remember correctly, when you 'asked me out', I never said yes. Did I? You just told me to go to the front of my house. Then you left. I didn't get to dump your sorry butt." I state plainly even though I'm trying not to laugh at his shocked expression.

"Just understand that you aren't on my level. Because you're on level one of one hundred of attractiveness." He blushes as he tries to roast me.

I just laugh. "You never said which side of the scale was more attractive doofus! Oh right, I just remembered. I can't insult you. That would be an insult to everyone who's insulted with the same terms I roast you with." I finish and walk away just to find that Jordan and his car are already there waiting for me.

He drives off without a hesitation leaving a confused Cheryl and an embarrassed Evan behind.

Guess what! I actually felt like writing today!