The Scan

Wednesday I wake up at 8 am to hear the birds chirping through the window. It was a beautiful summer morning but the air was still crisp. I have a shower and dress in a nice pair of navy blue jeans and a striped shirt. I place my brown colored sandles on and I headed to the hospital. Ginny wanted to be there so she'll meet me there. I also realised I had no morning sickness this morning.
I see Ginny waiting there and we walk in there together and wait about 15 minutes before my name is called.
Ginny stands beside me while I'm instructed to lift my shirt. This cold gel is placed on my abdomen and a probe is placed over the top. I knew I had made the right decision when I heard it's little heart beating. Tears formed in my eyes. This is real, it's my baby.
"Good news Miss Granger your baby is perfectly healthy and should be due early February." My doctor says
I'm given a photo and I made an appointment to come back at 12 weeks.
Later in the day Ginny and I head back to the burrow where we tell Mrs Weasley. Harry and Ron were also there sitting in the living room discussing something about the ministry.
"Oh I'm so happy for you dear. You'll make a wonderful mother." She exclaims
We've kept it to just a few people for now but Molly is so excited that she insisted that I stay for dinner and she'll make the baby the famous Weasley sweater.
Ron and Harry were still a bit apprehensive about me having a baby but are coming to terms with it. We were all full from Molly's dinner including Mr Weasley.
"So Hermione what sort of toys do they have for babies in the muggle world?" Asks Mr Weasley.
"Well all sorts really, swings, bouncers, playmats, blocks, teddies, rattles."
"Ahh I see." He says
"I can't wait to come baby shopping with you Mione." Ginny almost squealed with excitement.
The thought of having to buy heaps of stuff for the baby shook me a little but I realise I have time and I know I have support from everyone. I feel like I'm not alone anymore.