Talking and other things

Yesterday afternoon, Draco and myself got talking, talking long into the evening. I'm convined he has changed. He wants to be involved in little Charlottes life and I can't deny him being away from her. It was 11:30pm, I went out to the bathroom but upon my return to the lounge room I found Draco asleep on the couch. He looked peaceful and I didn't want to disturb him. I took out a grey and blue patterned blanket from the cupboard and placed it over him. I followed suit and went to bed.
I wake in the morning and check my clock, it's 9:30am. I haven't heard Charlotte this morning. I get up and head into her room. I see his blonde her and his face looking down at her. He is cradling her. I lean agaisnt the door just smiling.
"I didn't want to disturb you." He said quietly.
I walk in and place my hand on her head and I'm just standing opposite him. Only thing stopping us from touching is Charlotte.
"At least we got this right Hermione." He said
I look up at him and we stare at each other, we lean in closer and closer over Charlotte and our lips press in to each other at the same time. It was sweet and I felt for a moment that time stood still. We separate becuase we need air.
Maybe there could be something more to this. If anything we to develop what would the others say, especially Harry.
Charlotte is stirring in Draco's arms so I take her and feed her.
"Do you mind if I spend the day with her?" He casually asks.
"Yeah I guess."
We mention nothing else about the kiss.
I pass Lottie to him and he places her on the carpet of the floor. She has his full attention. He pulls out his wand, I wondered if I should intervene but before I could he cast a spell sending little butterflies fly around above her head. She was quite amazed by them and she watched them for ages. It was a special father daughter moment.
"Thats sweet." I say
"Umm Draco, what are you parents going to say about you having a daughter, especially to a muggle?"
"Well I plan on telling them soon, but I want you to come with me so they can meet their granddaughter." He says
"When do you want to do this?"
"Well I'm meeting up with them for lunch at Malfoy Manor tomorrow."
I gulped. Last time I went there I was tortured by Bellatrix. I can't go in there let alone let my daughter in there, not after all the terrible memories.
"I know thats where Bellatrix tortured you, but we won't be in the same room. I'll be there with you."
"How can I trust you Draco. I'm so scared to go back to the Manor. I don't want my daughter in there where I was tortured."
"Hermione, I would never ever hurt you. I know what happened in the past hurt you both physically and emotionally from myself and my family but everyone deserves a second chance."
I'm apprehensive but with a bit of persuasion I agree.
The rest of the day Draco and Charlotte spent so much time with each other. He changed her, helped feed her, bathe her. I felt like I could almost relax.
Evening came and Draco said goodbye he will meet me here at 12:00pm.
I owl Ginny to explain whats going on. Within half an hour I get a reply.
Wow Mione, sounds like he has changed. Good luck for tomorrow, your a strong woman and if anything happens I will hex him for you. I still haven't told Ron and Harry that he's the father but they are starting to ask questions, you'll need to tell them soon.
Talk soon, give Lottie lots of cuddles from me.
Love Ginny xx