Chapter 4

In my whole life, I had face many nightmares. Which made me scream in my sleep and made me wake up in the middle of the night. I had never able to face them. Every single night I got scared to go to bed, scared to close my eyes and fell asleep. It happened with me for many years. However, everything stopped after I received my Hogwarts letter. Maybe the new happiness of being something new made those nightmares stop.

No more nightmares, no more screaming and no more waking up in the middle of the night. I thought I was finally free. Free from those horrible feeling of having those nightmares. I never had them again. However, how hard you try to get rid of something awful; they always find a way to come back to you. Moreover, that is what happened with me.

After getting my Hogwarts letter and before came to Hogwarts; in that particular period of time, I had dreamless sleep. It was enough for me. Knowing the fact, that if I had any dream that could always be a nightmare. Moreover, I did not want to feel those scary feelings anymore. Therefore, it was enough for me, but nothing last long. Everything changed when I stepped into the Hogwarts.

The day I was sort into Gryffindor, everyone went to the Gryffindor common room to his or her dormitory. Everyone fell asleep after hitting the bed, including me. But then something happened. I started to see things. I was having dreams again, a very strange dream.

~In the Dream~

I was walking in a corridor, all alone. No one was there. It seemed like I was in Hogwarts. But those corridors were so different. It looked like nobody went there for years. There was no sound in there; it looked like the whole school went dead. I walked further, willing to see what secret lying ahead. Then I came closer to a wall, a very old looking wall. I touched that wall and suddenly that wall began to take a shape of a big wooden double door with a strange looking door knocker. It looked like a lion's head, but then I took a closer look at that knocker and then I realised that it was not a door knocker. Curiosity hit me; I stretched out my right hand to touch that lion's head. When suddenly that lion head roar and that door swung, open. And a dazzling lion jump on me.

~Dream Ended~

My eyes shot open and I sat up straight in my bed, all sweaty and heavily breathing. I glance at my right at Hermione's bed and saw her getting dressed. At the same time, Hermione looked in my direction and her eyes widened in concern. She ran to me and sat beside me then she put her left hand on my right shoulder.

"(Y/f/N), are you okay? You are sweating and looked so terrified. Did you have a nightmare? What happen? Tell me!" she said and looked at me with worried eyes. I thought for a moment 'She looked so worried about me and if I tell her about my dream; it will make her more worried sick about me. Which I totally dislike. I hate to make people worried about me.' Then I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"Water please," I said in a weak voice. She nods and went to get me some water. She came back with a glass of water. I tried to take that glass, but my hands were still shaking, because of that strange dream. So, she helped me to drink the water and put that glass aside. She looked at me probably waiting for my answer. I looked up at her, I did not want to lie to her, but I could not make her worried about me. So, I sighed and tried to come up with something and open my mouth.

"It's nothing, Hermione. It just a bad dream. I had them before. It is because of all those bullying and mean things my neighbourhood kids did to me when I was at home. And also because I just miss my parents. That's all, nothing serious." I said and gave her a sad smile. She looked at me sympathetically and gave me a small smile. Then to my surprise, she hugged me. It felt so good for being hugged. I hugged her back. We broke apart and she gave me a cheering smile and got up from my bed.