Chapter 19

In the darkness of the night, we four friends were walking down the dark corridors of Hogwarts, going to the forbidden third floor. The four of us, under the Invisibility cloak, were sneaking along the corridors until we come across the flight of stairs, which would lead us to the third floor.

We took a few conscious steps toward the stairs when at the foot of the first set of stairs we spotted Mrs Norris skulking near the top.

"Bloody cat, never let us walk freely!" Ron grumbled eyeing Mrs Norris, "Let's kick her, just this once," Ron whispered, begging to Harry but he shook his head. Ron grumbled some more as we climbed carefully around her. Mrs Norris turned her lamp-like eyes on us but did not do anything. 'Can't do anything, when you can't see, huh?' I smirked at her dumb face as we continued to climb up the stairs.

We did not meet anyone else until we reached the staircase up to the third floor. We were happy and pleased with our luck that we did not encounter with anything so far. However, soon our happiness ended when we saw Peeves was bobbling halfway up the stairs.

"Who's there?" he said suddenly as we climbed toward him. He narrowed his wicked black eyes, "Know you are there, even if I can't see you. You are ghoulie or ghostie or wee student beastie?" he said while rose up in the air and floated there, "Should call Filch, I should, if something's a-creeping around unseen," he said, squinting at us. We all stood there motionless and petrified. Feared that Peeves might know it was we under the Invisibility Cloak.

We did not know what to do when suddenly Harry looked at us with a hint in his eyes that he got an idea. Harry turned at Peeves direction and with an odd voice tone he spoke up.

"Peeves," he said, in a hoarse whisper, "The Bloody Baron has his own reasons for being invisible." My eyes widened at that and Peeves almost fell out of the air in shock. He stabled himself and hovered about a foot of the stair.

"So sorry, your bloodiness, Mr Baron, sir," he said greasily, "My mistake, my mistake. I did not see you... of course, I did not, and you are Invisible. Forgive old Peevsie and his little joke, sir." I controlled myself from laughing out loud at Peeves's state.

"I have business here, Peeves," Harry croaked, "Stay away from this place tonight," at that time I looked back at Ron and Hermione and saw they were also trying to control themselves.

"I will, sir, I most certainly will," Peeves said then rose up in the air again, "Hope your business goes well, Baron, I will not bother you," he said and scooted off.

"That was brilliant, Harry!" Ron whispered gleefully.

"Truly it was brilliant. I didn't think you could pull that off!" Hermione whispered cheerfully beside me.

"I did not think that either. I just remember what Percy said the first day about Peeves and I just tried." Harry said with a pleased tone while started to climb up the stairs again.

"And it worked. Great job, Harry!" I said with a proud tone, which made Harry grin at me.

A few seconds later, we were on the third-floor corridor and the locked door was right ahead of us. After a few seconds of walking, we come face to face with the locked door.

"Alohamora," Hermione murmured the spell and unlocked the door.

We stepped inside and soon come face to face with the worst and frightening possibility we wished to never come true, before going in there.

"Wait a minute... he is..." Ron trailed off when a blow of air hits us and made our Invisibility cloak fluttered off us. "Sleeping," he finished when Harry walked towards fluffy in hurry feet.