Chapter 16

After eating lots of candies and a very long train journey, we finally arrived at Hogsmeade station. Everyone got off the train and went to catch the carriage that took the Hogwarts student to the castle. However, the strange thing I noticed when I first saw there was nothing attached to the carriage, which can pull that thing; no animal, nothing. However, right after we get into it that carriage, it started to move. It was frightening at first but then I thought to myself, 'I am back in Hogwarts, what it could be other than magic'.

Shorty after the carriage ride, we were in front of a huge gate with gargoyle statue on the top. And behind that gate, a teacher stood holding a piece of parchment and a quill while looking at us. Turned out it was one of the school rules that every student upon returning Hogwarts had to go through name calling before entering into the castle. After name-calling, Hermione and I, and the rest of the student went straight to the great hall. The first thing I noticed upon entering the great hall was a pair of grey eyes looking at me. He did not move his eyes when I looked back at him. In fact, he just fixed his eyes on me, looking dearly at me. I did not know what happened to me but for some reason, I could on move my eyes from him until I felt Hermione calling and pulling my right arm. I snapped out of my gaze and went with Hermione to sit on our seats but not before taking a last glance at Draco, whose eyes were still looking at me but that time with a sad gaze.

I felt sad when I saw Draco's sad gaze but I covered it with the happiness I felt after I saw my other two best friends smiling at Hermione and I. We smiled at them and went to sit beside them. Hermione and I went to the Gryffindor table to sit on our usual seats beside Harry and Ron. Hermione sat beside Ron and I sat beside Harry. Shortly the feast was started and we started to eat happily. After the meal, as usual, everyone went to their dormitory to sleep and prepared themselves for tomorrow because the terms started the next day.

Once terms had started, we were back to our studying and going to classes. However, one new thing added to our schedule. In our breaks, we would go and looked through the library books to find something about Nicholas Flamel. Other than that, everything was normal. I even found out that in the Christmas break, Harry got an invisible cloak as a Christmas gift from an unknown person, saying it once belonged to Harry's father and now it was his. Moreover, I also found out, Harry even used it to sneak out at night to go to the restricted section of the library to look for Nicholas Flamel, but got nearly save. I was speechless after heard that but for Hermione, she was horrified at that thought. However, the thing made me suspicious was the thing Harry show and heard that night. Snape cornered Quirrell and taking about whose side, he was? 'Someone definitely up to something'. Harry also told us about the mirror he saw that day and in which he saw his parents. He was sound so happy when he said that and instantly I felt this urge to go and looked at that mirror, so I could see my parents too, just like Harry. However, I know there was a reason why Dumbledore told Harry not to go looking after that mirror, it for our own good.

After the terms started, we got very busy studying, because our final exams were coming soon. However, for Harry it was hard. We only had to focus on our study but for Harry, he had to focus on Quidditch too. Because the Quidditch practices had started again and Wood made them practice harder than ever. Nothing could stop their training even the endless rain.

In between all of that, I heard a rumour about Snape being the referee for the next Quidditch match but I brushed it off. 'There is no way Snape would ever refereeing a Quidditch match!' I laughed at that thought but I nearly got a heart attack when Harry confirmed the rumours to be true. Ron's face turned into white like nearly headless Nick and Hermione's jaw hit the floor.

"Don't play," I said after I stable myself.

"Say you are ill," said Ron still looking as pale as a ghost does.