Chapter 18

After that event in the forest and the afterword discussion, we were all back to our usual schooling life. Studying, revising and preparing ourselves for the final exam. In between that, I thought to talk to Kingsley about the thing happened in the forest but I did not. I left that topic to discuss in person, not over a letter.

Soon the exam hits us and we all found ourselves rushing through one door to another door to complete our exams. We were dealing with the exam pressure and the dramatic weather change was a carry on the top. The hot weather on the outside was bearable but the sweaty hotness in the large exam room was tearing for everyone. In addition, to make it even worse for Ron, we had been given special quills for the exam, bewitched with an Anti-cheating spell. 'Poor Ron,' I felt sorry for him after I saw his blood drained face, right after he got his exam quill.

The exam we took was kind of like this; aside from the written exam, we had practical exams too. Professor Flitwick called us one by one and told us to make a pineapple tap-dance across his desk, we did as told but for some reason, I noticed Harry was not in a proper form for the exam. 'Something is going on with him and I have to find out.' As I thought to myself, one day after our practical exam with professor McGonagall I dragged Harry with me to an empty corridor to ask him about his problem.

"Harry, what is going on?" I asked calmly looking straight into his eyes. At first, he stared at me with puzzled gaze but then I continued to ask a more relevant question, "What is going on with you Harry? You have been acting strange lately. Looks like something bothering you," at that time Harry's eyes widened at my comment. I waited for him to say something but all he did was avoiding my gaze. That made me mad.

"Look into my eye, Harry Potter!" I snapped which made him jerk back. He looked at me with wide eyes, very shocked but I was mad at Harry's action. He was avoiding my gaze in hope to dodge my question, 'How dare you!'

"Look into my eyes, when I am talking to you!" I raised my voice, as my anger rose up, "I am not talking to some old wall of this corridor, Harry! I am talking to you!" I said while looking at Harry, dead in the eyes. "I am talking to my best friend, who, I clearly know, is dealing with something!" I said with a strong voice, "Dealing with constant pain," my tome soften at that time, "I can see you are suffering, Harry." at that time Harry lower his head and I could not help but to feel hurt. "How could you?" I murmured with a lot of pain, at that time Harry looked up and saw the hurt in my eye, "How could you tried to avoid my question when I clearly see you are suffering. Would you avoid my question if I were your own sister? Because like it or not I just do not see you only as my best friend, Harry," I paused while looking at Harry, whose eyes were held a confused look on them, "I see you as my brother," I said softly and saw a change of emotion in Harry's eyes. That confused look changed into acknowledgement and then with an emotional gaze he looked at me. "And a sister would never look away if her brother is suffering from pain." I said while looking into his eyes, "So, if you thought I would never notice, then you are absolutely wrong. Because I am standing here, right now. Waiting for you to tell me what is going on with you," I paused then put my right hand on his left shoulder, "So, Harry, I beg you. Tell me, what is happening? Please." I pleaded then squeezed his shoulder a little. Harry sighed then with a small smile he looked elsewhere.

"You know, (Y/f/N), when I first come to Hogwarts, I did not know what a family and love of a family feels like," he said then looked back at me, "But after befriending with you, Ron and Hermione. I can say, I know what a family and love of a family feel like," he paused then put his left hand over my right hand, which was on his left shoulder and smile softly at me, "Especially with you." My heart melted at that and I pulled Harry into a tight hug.

"Not just only me, Harry. Every single person of the castle, who loves you, is your family. Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore; everyone is your family. Hogwarts is your home, Harry, and every one of us is your family. And we care for you." I said when I heard Harry's muffled voice near my ear.