Chapter 12

Life. One word. Filled with many things. However, most of the time we only focus on two things, happiness and sadness. These two things come to us in its own way. On a fine moment, life can be full of happiness, fun, joy and love. However, it can turn into full of sadness, pain, sorrow and grief, by a single touch of darkness, a dark past.

The Christmas was supposed to be full of happiness, joy and fun. Nevertheless, who knows it would turn into the most painful day of my life. A day I would never forget.

I was happy that day, not because I was with my family but I was about to visit Kingsley's home. For anyone, it would be a casual thing to visit someone's home at Christmas but for me, it was special because it felt special. Kingsley was special.

I did not know but ever since I met him, it felt special, as if I had finally found something that had lost for so long. Moreover, whenever I was with him I felt like, I am home. I did not know why I even felt like that but it felt good. Therefore, I was happy to spend a lot of time with Kingsley.

Within a five minute, I changed and ran downstairs to the living room. I wore a pair of blue jeans, black shirt, my fur coat and my leather boots. I never wore gloves or muffler. Although mum always nagged me to wear them but being a stubborn and mum's sweetheart, I am, nothing ruled me. Therefore, I dressed the way I liked.

I came in the living room and found Kingsley on the sofa. Sat sideways, giving his back to the door of the living room. I went over him and noticed that he was unnoticed by my presence. I frowned and peered over his shoulder to see what he was doing. I saw he was holding a photo of his and mine and he was lightly stroking the photo and smiling to himself. I smiled at that and spoke up to announce my presence.

"We look good at that, aren't we?" I asked and that made Kingsley jumped a little. He turned around and saw me standing right behind him, smiling at him. After saw me standing there smiling at him, he smiled back.

"How long have you been standing here?" he asked still giving me his warm smile. I grinned and answered.

"Long enough to see you were gazing at that photo," I said pointing my forefinger at that photo, he was still holding. After heard me Kingsley looked down at that photo then looked back up at me and gave me a small smile.

"We do look good in this photo," he said and held that photo for him and me to see it together I nodded in approval, grinning cheekily. He then fixed his gaze on that photo and spoke up.

"You are looking so sweet and cute and I'm with you in this photo that makes it a memory," he paused, then turned his head at me, "And I'm keeping this photo, so, whenever I'll miss you, I can see your cute face!" he said his last word and pinched the tip of my nose. I let out a giggle at that action and Kingsley chuckled. Then he put that photo into a small photo holder and put it inside of one of his coat's inner pocket. Then he stood up and dusted his clothes. He then turned to me and beamed.

"So, are you ready?" he asked and I nodded my head vigorously. He chuckled and gazed at me. However, for a second I felt I saw the sadness in his bright brown eyes. I frowned at that.

"Kingsley?" I called and it looked like Kingsley was zoned out. However, after heard me he seemed to come back to reality.

"Huh?" he looked at me and looked like he was lost for words. I took a step closer to him and spoke up.

"Are you okay, Kingsley?" I asked looking up at him with concern. Kingsley took some time then gave me a small nod and smiled at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, (Y/f/N)," he said then held his right hand out for me to take it. I held his hand and let him lead me.