Chapter 13

Destiny, what is destiny? In my opinion, it is an undefined and indescribable part of a human life. No one can know how it works or what it holds for us until we reach the peak of our life journey. One cannot know what destiny decided for them. However, one thing for sure, it can change anything and everything you know, and even it can change you too. Just like, it changed the way of my life and me.

After Kingsley asked me about my real parents, I looked at him with wide eyes in utter shock, disbelieve and curiosity. 'How did he know that I was adopted by the (Y/l/N)!?' I thought to myself but then I mentally kicked myself, 'Of course he knows! He is dad's friend, how could he do not know?' I questioned myself and groaned at my stupidity. However, something crossed my mind then, 'But why he asked such question? Moreover, why about my real parents? Do they have anything to do with what Kingsley is about to tell me?' I thought then looked at Kingsley with hard eyes.

"Why are you asking such question, Kingsley?" I asked and my jaw clenched in hatred, "I do not remember anything how my 'Real Parents' left me or if I say it more specifically, 'Abandoned' me! No, I do not." I said in a low but strong voice. I, myself was surprised, that how my voice changed when I spoke about them, who left me behind and caused an awful pain in my heart. "To be honest, I really do not want to remember anything related to them." I paused and gazed at the fireplace. "They left me, Kingsley. If I want something more than anything in this world, is to forget that I was an adopted child and that I have real parents who disowned me." I said with a long sigh of sadness and looked back at Kingsley, "I really wished, I never remember any of this." I finished and saw pain in his eyes, and somehow they looked a little misty. I frowned at that.

"Kingsley?" I called which made him look at me, after blinking few seconds. He looked at me with clear eyes and I frowned even more.

"Kingsley, what's wrong?" I asked with a mixed feeling of curiosity and concern.

"Nothing." He said firmly and looked away. I was taken aback by Kingsley's sudden behaviour but I let that feeling go.

I waited until Kingsley started to talk. He took a few heavy breaths, which made his entire body shook. I felt worried about him by his sudden action but I sat quietly. After a few seconds later, Kingsley stopped his action and gazed at me with a broken expression.

"In life, many unpleasant events took place. Sometimes they look heartless but if you look beyond that picture, you will understand the reason of those heartbreaking events." He paused and I got a feeling, that he was about to tell me the story of the past, "Many years ago an unpleasant and heartbreaking event took place which destroyed everything I loved and cherished." He paused then gazed around the living room.

"In this very house, three best friends built their dream life. Laughing, smiling and enjoying their life. Marriage took place in this very house and two best friends tied the knot. The third friend, welcome the newlywed couple and a new chapter of their life started. Life never felt that magical before for the three best friends and they were grateful for having the moment of their lives. Everything was beautiful; their lives, their moments and the time." He paused while smiling gently to himself, "But maybe their life was not that full of happiness that they thought. Therefore, made their life even more beautiful, the news of a little angle coming into their lives arrived. They were exploding with joy and happiness and thanked Merlin for everything. Soon, the day comes and that little angel arrived into their lives. The couple felt blessed to have a beautiful little daughter and to share that happiness with their other best friend the couple asked him to be their daughter's godfather. The third friend felt honoured and loved then agreed to be the godfather of the child. Their life was full, no blank spaces. Completed with happiness." He paused again and that time his face got darker.