Chapter 11

The next day I woke up with a tapping sound. I opened my eyes slowly to search the source. However, that sound stopped right after I opened my eyes. I eyed all over my room but could not found from where that noise came from. I sighed and was about to close my eyes to go back to sleep when I heard that tapping sound again. That time I followed the sound and found it was coming from the window. 'What could that be?' I frowned. To find out the reason of that sound, I rolled out of my comfortable bed and went over to the window.

I moved the curtains of my window and peered outside. My eyes widened when I saw an owl waited outside of my window, covered with snow. I opened the window and let that owl came inside my warm room. As soon as I opened the window, that owl came and shook its head and body. The snow, which was, covered his body and head were jerk off. It looked at me then hooted. I looked at that owl with a sad look, 'Poor thing must have been waited long outside of my window, in this snowy weather, but why?' I thought and fixed my gaze at that owl when something caught my eyes.

My eyes dropped at its leg and I saw a parcel was tied on its leg. That owl hooted again and stretched out its leg in which that parcel tied on. I looked at that parcel and frowned, 'who could send a parcel early in the morning?' I thought to myself. I was having a battle within me, whether to take that parcel or not and shoo that owl. Finally, I gave up then untied that parcel and gave that owl some treat. That owl hooted and ate those treat happily, while I stroked its back. After finish eating, that owl hooted loudly and rubbed its head on my stomach. I smiled down at it, then it turned and went out of the window, then flew away. I sighed and closed the window then turned my attention to that parcel. I took that parcel and went to sit on my bed.

I sat that parcel down after I sat comfortably on my bed. I looked at that parcel and started to rip off the paper of that parcel carefully. After ripping off the paper, a beautifully wrapped present reveal itself. A card was attach with that present, says 'Happy Christmas'. I looked down at that Christmas present and admired how beautifully wrap that present was. It wrapped with an elegant looking emerald colour wrapping paper and silver ribbon. It was looking so beautiful and gorgeous that made it impossible to rip off that wrapping. So, very slowly and carefully I unwrapped that present and found a dark wooden box. It was simple looking but elegant. I lifted the lid of that box and looked inside. My mouth dropped and eyes widened after saw what was inside of that box.

Inside of that box, there was a beautiful silver brooch with a finely cut emerald stone in the middle. It was beautiful, yet simple.

 It was beautiful, yet simple

(Picture of the brooch)

I took that brooch and started to admire its beauty when something caught my eyes. Inside of that box, there was a piece of parchment. I put that brooch down and took that parchment. Slowly I open that parchment and found it was a letter. I scanned that letter and found there was no name. I frowned, 'That's weird. Who could write a letter and doesn't put their name on it?' I thought to myself. Curiosity gets me and I started to read the letter.