Chapter 17

Detention. The worse of worse for a student. Well, in short, a nightmare. A person cannot even imagine how worse a detention can be, only a student can imagine how hard it is. However, if you think, how worse a detention can be? Then you have no idea how was our detention that night.

After being scold, lost points and broke our head of house's trust, we got detention. Moreover, to serve the detention, we had been lead to Hagrid's hut by Filch. However, all the way to Hagrid's hut, Filch had been ranting about how we all should be punished, like old times.

"A pity they let the old punishment die," Filch ranted and all five of us followed him silently while listening to the ranting, "There was time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." My breath hitched at that and I heard a loud gulp coming from beside me. As soon as I looked at him, he looked back, made eye contact then looked elsewhere immediately. 'Not as brave as it seems, eh?' I thought to myself while we reached Hagrid's hut.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest," he said after we stopped in front of Hagrid's hut. A second later Hagrid came out of his hut and stood by the bonfire. "A sorry lots this, Hagrid," Filch said to Hagrid but he did not utter a word, he started to sniff, as if he was crying the entire time but stopped a moment ago. 'What could make Hagrid cry like that?' I thought to myself and started to wander. However, Filch made my work easy. "Oh, good God, man. You are not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch stated and that made my eyebrows rose up with concern. Hagrid sniffed again then looked at us.

"Norbert's gone," he said while picking up the crossbow, which was laid beside the bonfire. I frowned at that.

"What do you mean, he's gone?" I said while looking at Hagrid; does not care if Filch tried to frame me into something, 'What worse he could get me into, more detention? I don't think so'. I did not even care if Filch was looking at me. I felt like I had to ask, so I did.

"He is gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony," said Hagrid, still sniffing now and then. I felt sad for Hagrid. When we found ourselves hard to love a creature, Hagrid can adore them. His love for the creature always warms my heart.

"Well that is good, isn't it?" Hermione spoke up, "He'll be with his own kind," said Hermione, which I agreed. According to British low dragons are prohibited in England. Hagrid was lucky he was not arrested for breaking the law.

"Yeah, but what if he does not like Romania?" argued back Hagrid, which, I noticed, made Filch roll his eyes, "What if the other dragons are mean to him?" at that time I really felt like Hagrid was pushing his luck too far, "He's only a baby, after all!"

"Oh, for God sake, pull yourself together, man!" Filch snapped at Hagrid which cause me to narrow my eyes at him, "You are going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." He said and looked suspiciously at Hagrid.

"The forest?" I heard a very familiar voice spoke up. I looked at that direction and found Draco, "I thought that was a joke! We cannot go in there. Students are not allowed and there are..." Draco trailed off and at that time, a howling sound came from the forest, "Werewolves! There are werewolves in there!" Draco exclaimed and I frowned at that sound. At that moment I felt concern about all of our safety, 'It this, a good idea?' was all I thought before Filch's voice interrupted my thought.

"There is more than werewolves in those trees, lad." Filch spoke is a mysterious voice which was enough to scare a weak soul, "You cannot be sure what hidden in those dark corners of the forest," he said while looking at us with mysterious eyes, "Nighty - Night.' Was all he said before he left, leaving us all with Hagrid.