Chapter 7

Life in Hogwarts was something you never felt bored about it. Every day was a new day. Learn something new or create something unexpected, discover something unbelievable or see something unexplainable. Full of fun and adventures, full of knowledge and creativity and of course 'Quidditch'. Quidditch was the best thing between everything. I read plenty things about Quidditch and the more I had read, the more I loved that game, and I was super happy and excited, because one of my best friends, Harry, was a part of it.

Quidditch season was about to began and Harry got quite busy with his seeker training. Moreover, unfortunately for me, Ron took all Harry's time to gather information about his Quidditch training and how was everything going. Ron even did not let Harry spend his time with anyone else but him and being a good friend, Harry let Ron won. I was little frustrated at the first because of Ron's childish behaviour, but I got Hermione for me. Therefore, it was not that bad at the end.

One day Hermione and I were sitting in the common room doing our Potion homework. To be Honest, Professor Snape never let us breathes in relief. He always gave us tons of homework, two feet long essays to write with zero due time. Sometimes I got confused what I hated so much, Professor Snape or him giving us tons of work to do. I groaned in frustration, then sigh, at least Hermione was there to help me. She was really good at Potion. My homework was about to finish when a question popped out from the back of my head. I glanced at Hermione, who was doing her homework quietly. I thought about it for a second, and then finally I called her.

"Hermione?" I called and she looked up from her work to me.

"Yeah?" she questioned. I hesitated for a second to start that conversation and she noticed that. Therefore, she put her quill and textbook aside, looked at me and put her left hand on my right shoulder.

"(Y/f/N), you know you can tell me anything you want, right?" she said and looked at me with her bright brown eyes. I nodded and looked down at my hands. "So, tell me. Don't hesitate." She said while she moved her left hand from my shoulder to my hands. I looked up at her and she gave me her warm smile, I smiled back.

"So, what is it?" she asked and sat straight facing me fully. I looked at her and cleared my throat.

"Hermione, do you know anything about... 'Mudblood'?" I asked her hesitantly, not so sure whether she knew anything or not. However, when I saw her gasped by heard me saying 'Mudblood', I knew she knew something about that word. Then she looked at me horror eyes and spoke.

"W-where did you heard t-that?" she stuttered, and I looked at her curiously.

"Why are you stuttering Hermione? I heard that word when I was in Diagon Alley." I lied. She looked at me doubtfully, probably thinking that I was lying, which was absolutely, true. However, I was not gonna let her caught me. Therefore, I looked at her demandingly to tell me about that word. She sighed, defeated and I won.

"You know about muggle borns, right?" she asked, I nodded and answered it.

"A witch or wizards who come from a muggle family, whose Mother and Father both are muggles," I said and Hermione nodded her head.

"Well, Mudblood is a highly derogatory term, a foul name for a muggle borns. Some magical family like pureblood, you know about pureblood, right?" I nodded and she continues, "Okay, as I was saying, some magical family like pureblood, have this prejudice against muggle borns, they think muggle borns are 'lower breeding' and undeserving of magic. However, there is no difference between a muggle borns to a pureblood or a halfblood, but they still carry this prejudice. 'Mudblood' refers a muggle borns a 'dirty blood' or a 'creature of dirt'. It is a really offending term. However, no one uses this term nowadays. Are you sure you heard this in 'Diagon Alley'?" said Hermione, after explaining everything to me. I looked down at my hands and tried to stop my tears, which were about to come out, I shut my eyes, took a deep breath and blinked few times to stop them. They stopped and I looked at Hermione, who then looked at me worriedly. I gave her a small smile and assured her that I heard that word in 'Diagon Alley'. I was smiling outside, although inside, my heart shattered into thousand pieces, knowing Draco thought that low about me. Calling me 'Mudblood'; referring me as dirt. It seemed like; I was back at my home and being bullied by those kids. However, even if those kids came and bullied me then, it would not felt that bad or heartbroken, the way I felt after being insulted by Draco. My heart was broken and Draco was the reason.