Chapter 10

Life is complicated. It's more complicated than a difficult magic spell. Sometimes when you were trying to concentrate on something and then something else came between you and the thing you were trying to concentrate on and divert you to think something else. Same was with me.

I was so focused on went back home and to see my parents after three months, especially Kingsley. I didn't know but every time I saw him or saw his smile, it was just warm my heart. It felt like if I were in his arms nothing bad gonna happened with me. His presence felt like I had a father around me. And every time I hugged him it felt like I was hugging my real father. I didn't mean that I didn't love my dad, it was difficult to describe.

I was so thrilled to meet them but soon my focus and happiness ruined by something and by saying something I mean someone. Malfoy.

I didn't know what, but every time he came to me, I always lost my focus on whatever I was doing or thinking. He always distracted me by his nonsense. I didn't know what gotten into me but every time I saw him or he came closer to me I felt nerves. His presence made my heart beat faster. Every time he talked to me with his smirk on, he made my breath hitched. And every time I looked into his beautiful grey eyes I felt butterflies in my stomach. I didn't know why I felt that way but it felt good. 'Is it love?' I thought but shook my head. 'No! It can't be. I can't fall in love with him! He is a bad boy and not to mention he insulted me by calling me a Mudblood. And he insulted my best friends. He is evil and cruel.' I thought and tried to convince myself but then I remembered the way he looked at me when he saw me crying after he insulted me. Then that gaze and stares, he gave me every time my eyes caught his eyes. Those longing, those affections and those sad and hurt looks of his eyes was something I wasn't so sure about. 'What was all that about? If he is as cruel as he appears, then why he gave me those looks? Is he pretending to be an evil person? And have a good heart behind that mask? Or was he just trying to make me think all of this to make myself a fool and give him the satisfaction that he finally annoyed me so much!' I shook my head and tried to relax. 'What he did to me!? I can't make him get out of my mind! I need to focus and I need to stay away from him.' I thought and tried hard to push Malfoy away. But how hard you try; you simply cannot push the thought about the man you fell in love with.

I was so confused about my feeling and didn't know what to do. What to think and what to not. I was so caught up with my thought that I didn't realise that Hermione was calling my name like five times by that time.

"(Y/f/N)!!!" Hermione yelled and made my eardrums nearly burst.

"Gees! Hermione!" I jerked back after heard Hermione's yell near my ear and looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"Merlin! You made my throat sore. I called you five times by now. What were you so deeply thinking that you didn't hear my callings?" asked Hermione with an annoyed expression. I bit my tongue and felt embarrassed.

"Yeah, where your train of thoughts took you, (Y/f/N)?" said Seamus laughing at his own comment.

"We thought you were lost in your thoughts!" said Dean joining Seamus in laughter. After heard them I felt my cheeks heated by embarrassment. I looked down and blushed.

"Oh come on you two!" I heard Neville's voice and turned to face him as he continued, "Stop pulling her leg! You two are embarrassing her." said Neville. Then I heard Dean and Seamus's voice.

"Sorry (Y/f/N)."

I looked at them and gazed on Dean and Seamus's face and saw guilty on their face. They were shame on their behaviour. When they looked at me I smile which made them surprised at first but then they smiled in return, probably knew that I forgave them. Then Hermione spoke up.