Chapter 14

Time. Time never stops for anyone and it runs as fast as it can. What we have now can go away from us in the blink of an eye. Just like my holidays.

It felt like yesterday, I came home on Christmas break and then in a flash, everything ends. The day arrived and I scheduled to go back to Hogwarts. It was not as if I was complaining but being with my family after three months of gaping, it was hard to leave. Nevertheless, I had to go rules were rules. Besides, I had another family to visit after a long Christmas break, my Hogwarts family.

Harry and Ron wrote me every now and then, but Hermione could not. Because of not having an owl, Hermione could not write to me like Harry and Ron but she did send me letters by post, whenever she could. I was shocked when I got a mail for the first time. 'Typical Hermione. Always founds a way to solve a problem'.

In the letters from Harry and Ron, I come to know that Ron and Harry were unsuccessful to find more about Nicolas Flamel. To be honest, I was not very surprised. Without Hermione's guiding, they could not even follow up their studies. Well, maybe sometime Harry managed but Ron... let just say, without Hermione and my help Ron would act like a lost puppy. Without any doubt, I could say Ron was not that much of a help to Harry on a finding of Nicolas Flamel. In conclusion, it was upon Harry, Hermione and I to found out more about Nicolas Flamel.

I was reading a book on my desk, in my room, which I borrowed from Kingsley two days ago. It was about the world's greatest wizards of all time. I was reading that book in a hope to find something about Nicolas Flamel when I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door. Without looking at the door, I told the person on the other side of the door to 'come in'. With a little creak sound, the door opened and closed. I still did not look at that person, knowing that would probably be my mum or dad. However, I was wrong when that person spoke.

"You should see before letting other people come into your room." I was surprised to hear Kingsley's voice at that time of the day it was late at night. I jumped out of my seat and turned around to see a very amused Kingsley looking at me with a smile tugged at the corner of his lips. I was not expecting Kingsley at that time in my room and that was very much visible in my feature at that moment. Because, after heard Kingsley's voice, and because of the surprise my eyes bulged out and my mouth was wide open. Moreover, I bet if anyone would saw me that time, would probably think I was some kind of fish whose mouth was stuck somehow while gasping.

I might have been looking very funny because I heard a snort coming from Kingsley. In addition, right after I heard that, I tried to regain my dignity and act decently. I cleared my throat and in a very normal and calm way but still felt little surprised, I spoke up.

"Kingsley," after gaining my senses, "what are you doing here? At this time?" I asked in a decent and polite way but I could not shake that surprise and curious feeling I got after I saw him in my room.

After hearing me, Kingsley's facial expression changed. His face falls and with a sad expression, he looked at me. However, I could tell by the look, it was not exactly a sad face.

"You are not happy to see me?" said Kingsley with a pout and then with a sigh, he continued, "I guess, I should get out of here then." He finished and with a pout face, he turned and started to walk towards the door. I shook my head at my godfather's silly act and smiled to myself.

"Kingsley!" I called then ran and hugged him from behind, "you do know I feel happy every time I see you, don't you?" I asked with a light chuckle.

"I do," he said then turned around and crouched, a soft smile plastered on his face, "that's why I came to spend some time with you before you leave tomorrow." He said and gave me a small smile. I smiled at him before I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. Kingsley responded to that gesture by hugging me back. I rested my head on Kingsley's shoulder while I let out a sigh.