I remember...

~Sonic's Pov~

'Am I dead? I don't know where I am. All I remember was being in that warehouse and it caught on fire...Amy was still inside. This is all my fault...I should've seen Sally's true nature or maybe I should've asked Amy out a long time ago. Although, I don't think that would've worked...I think she only saw me as a very close friend.

Man, I'm so stupid. I promised her I'd protect her no matter what or who comes along. Yet, I let Sally blind me. 

I remember when I met Amy, the first time I protected her.' 

~14 years ago~ (December 15th, playground)

"Hey give it back!!" 'I was five years old when I first met Amy. We met in Elementary school during recess. We, of course, were in the same class but, we never spoke. I always hung out with my siblings. For some reason, a lot of the kids there would pick on her.' "Just give it back, please?" 

I turned around from playing in the snow, to see what was going on. There, I saw a pink hedgehog sitting on the ground crying away. I rushed over to her to see what happened. 

"Hey, uh, what's wrong?" She looked at me with those big jade green eyes, sobbing. 'I could never forget those eyes. They were a perfect reflection of mine. Maybe a little lighter but, nevertheless more beautiful.' "He took my bear!" "Who?" "That meanie!" 

She pointed towards the meanest kid in school, Erik the badger. "That stupid face..." Amy quickly hopped from the ground and grabbed my arms, "Please get her back! She means everything to me!" 'Boy, was she a piece of work.' "Geez, take it easy! I'll get her back no problem." 

I carefully made my way over to that slimeball, being sure not to slip on the ice. He was tossing the bear around with his friends. I screamed out towards Erik and his lame friends, 

"Hey, you!" He turned and looked at me, rolling his eyes, "What do you want, hedgehog?" "You have a bear that is not yours. Give it back, now!" "Or what?" 'I guess you could say I was the type of guy who doesn't take to kindly to bullying. And no one messes with innocent people around me.' "The bear's mine now so tell your girlfriend she's not getting it back." They started laughing and I just smiled. 

I nodded one good time and in a flash of light, I started running circles around him, picking up snow and creating a small tornado. He started panicking as I kept running around until I stopped and stared at him. I piled his entire body, except his hands and stupid head, in the snow. He screamed as he struggled to move. I noticed he was gripping the bear in his free hand. I grabbed it and smirked, "Thank you!" 

He continued to scream for help, "Help!! What are you waiting for?! Get me out of here!"

I laughed and quickly ran over to Amy, who was still crying, "Hey, um, I got your bear back." She looked up at me and sniffled, "Wh-what? You did?" 

I showed her the bear and handed it to her. She smiled brightly and grabbed her bear, hugging it tightly. "Junie! Yay, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I smiled triumphantly, "Ahh, it's no trouble at a- ACK!" She cut me off by cutting off my air supply with a death hug. 'Those death hugs were killer. She always had the strength of ten dozen bodybuilders.'