New Year, New Love

"Wake up everyone! We need to decorate for the party!" Blaze calls out to everyone, standing next to Silver, who was dead exhausted. The gang, including Kate, Bella, and Chloe, and excluding Sonic, comes out of their rooms exhausted as well. 

They walk down the stairs and glares angrily at Blaze. Rouge rubs her eye and groans, "Blaze, what the hell?! What's going on?" Blaze grabs her arm and pulls her to a box of decorations, "Remember I told you we were going to be decorating today. In fact, you were the main person who was excited about the whole thing." 

She yawns," Yeah, but I didn't think we'd have to wake up at," She paused to pull out her phone and frowned once she saw the time, "6:45 in the morning..." Upon hearing the time, everyone groaned. Silver scoffed as he hung crystal lights on the wall, "Consider yourself lucky. She woke me up at 3." Blaze smirks, "Exactly and do you see him complaining? No, so look alive people and get decorating." They groaned and Blaze's eyes flashed with fury, making her hand erupt in flames, "Now!" 

They quickly moved towards the boxes and awaited their tasks. "Okay guys, Scourge and Rosy said they would be here to help out for the party, so let's do what we can for now." Knuckles folded his arms, "You invited those wackjobs?!" "Despite the circumstances, they came through for all of us and helped us in the end. Scourge deserves a chance. New Year, n-" "Don't start!" Everyone shouts, interrupting Blaze. 

She clears her throat, "Anyway here's what you guys are gonna be doing," She walks over to Tails, still holding on to Rouge,

"Since Silver is preoccupied with another task, Tails, I need you and Rouge to fly up and hang these lights and stars on the higher part of the walls." 

She walked over to Kate, Chloe, and Bella, "You three are in charge of placing the lace coverings on the furniture and staircase railing." 

She walks over to Shadow and smirks, "Shadow, you, Knuckles, and Manic are on cleaning duty." They groaned as they were handed cleaning supplies. 

"Sonia and Shade, you two are gonna help me shovel the snow out front and help Amy take care of Sonic. Speaking of which," Blaze walks over to Amy, "Since you and Cream are the best cooks I know, you two will be in charge of the food." the rest of the gang silently cheered after hearing that. Blaze put her hands on her hips, "Let's get started." 

Everyone separated into their groups and went to work. Blaze tapped Amy before she went into the kitchen, "Hey Amy, I made Sonic a sandwich, you think you can bring it to him?" Amy's mood suddenly changed and Blaze quickly took notice. 

"Woah, did I miss something?" "No, it's just...I think I made things awkward between me and Sonic so, I think I should avoid him for a while." Cream overheard the conversation, "Amy, what's wrong with you and Sonic?" "It's nothing, I just think we should be away from each other for a while." Blaze nods understanding her decision. She goes to the kitchen, picks up the plate with the sandwich on it, and walks over to Sonia, "Hey Sonia, think you can give this to your brother? Amy isn't ready to see Sonic right now." "Hmm, why's that?" "I don't know but, something happened between them and she won't say what. Anyway, this is his breakfast, we'll get started while you're up there."