5/You Don't Look Like A Pepperoni Pizza

Acne. There is that heavy sense of disappointment when I wake up and notice that there is yet another spot splattering my face; there were times in the past few years where you couldn't tell where my face my began and where my acne stopped. Mainly because acne doesn't stop, it will try its best to ruin your life.

We've all tried the 'guaranteed' to work treatments advertised on YouTube, and spent our own money trying out a new face wash hoping that it will work. Hell I've tried about every trick in the book, including slathering my face with toothpaste, almost freezing my face with ice cubes and smelling like tea because I'd held a teabag against my face for ten minutes. It can be frustrating when nothing gets those pesky spots away.

So from a speckled hen (not gonna lie I think that's a pretty cool name to call myself- get it cause my spots make me look speckled plus I have freckles wow have I made a fandom name for having acne?), I have some advice about coping with everything acne related.

First off, ignore those beauty gurus telling you to buy expensive face washes and masks that they're being paid to promote and instead try looking on a medical website for actual advice. I was always wary of medical creams to get rid of acne after hearing horror stories, but it got to a point where I couldn't bear my acne anymore. It was annoying me too much.

And actually, after looking on a medical website I got the suggestion for the cream that actually got rid of my acne and I can safely say now that the family of spots on my face has gone from the whole extended family to the 'core' family.

But acne doesn't go away quickly, and learning to accept those spots on your face is just as helpful as getting rid of them. When you look at someone, do you immediately look at the flaws on their face? I know I don't, but I can't really see people clearly without my glasses on so I wouldn't be able to see their flaws even if I wanted to. No one is looking at your spots unless you direct their attention to them, so stop stressing about them!

Especially if you have quite a lot of acne, people don't notice it as much as say one big spot on a perfectly clear face. It can feel like everyone is staring at your spots, but they really aren't. When you realise that, your confidence levels will rise dramatically.

So rule five of surviving Teenagehood: you could look worse, you could look like Donald Trump.