15/ You Are Not Peter Pan

Trust me, if there was a cheap, conveniently-timed plane to Neverland I would be on it before Peter Pan could even come and make me fly with him. I am terrified of growing older, and having actual responsibilities *shudders*. I feel completely and utterly unprepared for the adult world; I don't know how to pay taxes and get a mortgage. I don't even like drinking coffee.

But no matter how much we all hide under duvets to escape getting older, it's inevitable that one day we will all be fully-grown adults with adult lives. Some of us will be adults sooner than others, and thankfully I still have three years of bliss before I am classified as an adult. Wait what age do you have to be to be an adult? Is it 18?

Anyway, enough avoiding the subject. We are all getting older, and you can't ignore the fact that one day you will have a job and a life away from school and Teenagehood. And while I'm not saying that you have to waste these years away worrying about the future (mainly because that would completely contradict previous chapters) but you do have to at least think about the future.

What sort of job would you like to have? What sort of life do you want? You can't step blindly into adulthood, you need to stride into it. With growing up comes the discovery of so many new things such as getting your first job, being forced by school to start thinking about your future job, and learning to mature.

If you choose to ignore the future it will catch up with you, and you'll find yourself with no direction in life. And without direction, life is just sort of meaningless. We should always be striving to achieve our goals, and always aiming to do the things that will benefit our lives the most.

So rule fifteen of surviving Teenagehood: yes we are growing up, yes that is a terrifying thing.