34/ To The Left To The Left

Moving on from anything is hard, whether it be a person, a friendship, or a period in your life. And coping with moving on from something or actually finding the strength to move on from something can be very difficult.

My main advice when moving on from something or someone is to allow yourself time to heal but also to grow. It's okay to cry and be sad about something, but that doesn't mean you should go back to that person to get a temporary high. When the stage of sadness is over, you'll be so much happier by yourself than you were with that person or thing.

When moving on from someone, you need to often remind yourself why you're moving from someone because this keeps you thinking rationally. It's easy to remember all the good times you had with someone, but remembering the hard times is important. If you only remember the good times you're more likely to go back to that person.

Teaching yourself resilience and determination will mean that you don't go back to someone who has hurt you or someone who you don't wish to be associated with anymore. Whenever you think about them, remember what they did that made you want to move away.

The final step in moving on from someone is to forgive them for what they did, as this gives yourself closure. Whether you do it internally or forgive them face-to-face, this will let you have peace and move on. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is forgive someone, but when you do it allows your mind to rest.

So rule thirty four of surviving Teenagehood: as Destiny's Child said, ladies leave your man at home.