48/ Finding Magical Time

I've been told recently that I seem to have access to something called 'magical time'; time which no one else has access to where I can do all my work and stay on top of things. In reality, this 'magical time' is just the result of organisation, and I thought I would just share some advice about how to keep your life on track.

I'm not the most organised person I know, but I am good at sticking to tasks. I wrote a chapter a while back which gave advice about school and to be honest, those tips weren't even that useful so hopefully this chapter will give some actual advice.

So how do you access 'magical time'?

The first thing to do is to have a visual and physical list of all the work you have to do. I'm so forgetful, so I need to always be writing stuff down and honestly this gives you such a good indicator of how much stuff you have to do and therefore how long it will take. Now split your work into three categories: urgent, would be good if it was done, and can do later.

Prioritise. Do the urgent stuff first; this sounds simple but so many people I know get bogged down writing notes or doing extra research which is great don't get me wrong, but doing the urgent tasks first means that your stress levels will be decreased massively.

My other main point is to learn how you work the most efficiently but also the quickest. I'm naturally quite fast at working, so this helps me do all my work on time, but I also benefit from knowing my strengths when it comes to working. I have to be alone, in somewhere quiet (not silent though), and without food because it slows me down.

So rule forty eight of surviving Teenagehood: don't let homework consume you. Just don't.