43/ Imaginary Relationships Can Be Better Than Real Ones

I feel like as teenagers we constantly feel like we have to be validated by being in a relationship and having someone who you can say likes you in a way which is more than just a friendship. This goes back to the idea that being alone is somehow a failure and means that no one wants you, and this just isn't the case. Chances are a lot of the relationships that occur as teenagers are simply two people who don't really know what they're doing but feel a hormone-filled connection with each other. And that's totally fine, but if you don't have that don't be worried. 

I've never been one of those girls that anyone really wants to date, and to be honest that really hurt me growing up but looking back now I'm glad I didn't get bogged down in all that relationship stuff. If you're feeling a bit crap because it seems like no one wants to date you, please do not be disheartened. Those people really don't know what they're looking for, and what I've witnessed is that the girls/ guys who would make the best partners are simply ignored because there are idiots in this world who seem to prefer looks over nice people. 

Being in a relationship shouldn't define your self-worth, and once you let go of the idea that you need to have a partner, you'll feel much more satisfied in life. 

So rule forty three of surviving Teenagehood: just stick with your imaginary relationship with Harry Styles for now.