Part 4

Your response means alot. Thank you.

"Ma'am, sir, aap sab thik toh hai", asked Karthik seeing everyone's eyes filled with tears.
"Beta aaj 10 saalon ke baad inho ne apni beti ki awaz sunni hai. Inn he thoda waqt do, hum sab ko waqt chaiye aur tumhe bhi", said Rajshri and karthik nodded positively.

"Meri princess, Akshara, meri princess kitni baadi ho chuki hai. Aaj itne saalon ke baad usse dekha, uski awaz sunni. Lekin phir bhi uss se baath nahi kar paiya. Usse yeh nahi keh sakka ke tumhare papa yehi hai", said Naitik tearfully
"Main ne subha hi kahan tha, Tina ki photo dekh kar mujhe lagg raha tha ke uss ke saath humara koyi connection hai", said Akshara
"Lekin iss baath ki khushi hai ke wahan bhi uss ka ek pyaar parivaar hai. Kitne pyaar se Karthik ke mata pita usse manna ne ki koshish kar rahe the.", said Devyani
"Haan, aur karthik ke dad woh Naira ke liye Karthik ko dant rahe the", said Naman
"Karthik beta, shayad mujhe galatfemi huyi hai. Lekin aise lagta hai ke main tumhare mata pita ko kahi dekha hai. Tum kya Suvarna aur Manish Goenka ke bete ho.", spoke Rajshekar
"Uncle kya aap unn Goenkas ki toh baath nahi kar rahe hai, jin ka bahut bada business empire hai, aur jahan tak mein janta hun. Woh bhi gems aur jewellery ki field mein hai", said Shaurya
"Haan unn logon ki hi baath kar raha hun. Gems aur jewellery designing ki field mein unka bahut bada naam hai, har koyi unke saath kaam karna chata hai", said Raj Shekar
"Dad, Manish Goenka hai, aur maa, Suvarna Goenka.... Lekin main unka sagga beta nahi hoon.", said Karthik
"Lekin tum toh unhe apne maa papa keh rahe the ne abhi", said Devyani
"Jiss ashram mein main pala bada hun, woh ashram goenkas ka hi hai. Maa, dad, Di sab ne mujhe bachpan se bahut pyaar diya. Kabhi yeh mehsoos nahi hone diya ke mein ek anaath hun", replied Karthik

-----------------

Background story: (Neither is Karthik narrating this nor is he remembering it. It is only me giving my readers some information)

Suvarna, Manish, Kirti, Akhilesh, Surekha, Mansi, Luv, Kush are a part of the Goenka family. The Goenkas are originally from Udaipur, but have relocated to Delhi around 30 years back. Goenka main office is in Delhi but now they have many branches all over India.

When Suvarna was pregnant for the second time, some problem had occurred during the delivery, and they couldn't save the baby. She had given birth to a lifeless baby boy. Suvarna had gone into shock seeing her lifeless baby. She had been completely frozen, she did not mourn her loss but had become a complete statue. Manish was broken seeing his wife in such a condition. After a couple of months he decided to build an orphanage in Suvarna's birth city, Rishikesh. He thought that she would like being between the kids and he knew how much she loved Rishikesh having spent her whole life there, that city was special to her. The orphanage was built in less then a year. Suvarna had still not gotten completely normal. She went about her daily life as if nothing happened but Manish noticed her lifeless eyes. In a month care takers who would be working in the orphanage had been selected, there were a few kids in the orphanage. Manish decided to take Suvarna to see the orphanage along with Kirti.

On reaching the orphanage Suvarna still didn't give much reaction. Manish was really upset to see this but thought to give her some more time. A five year old Kirti was very happy, that she would have th e orphanage kids to play with. It had been 10 days, Manish had started loosing hope of Suvarna ever coming out of the trauma. Manish decided that they would leave for delhi by the next day, but destiny had different plans. That day itself a baby, was left at the orphanage steps. The baby looked very small might have been a week or two old. One of the care takers had bought in the baby, Suvarna noticed the baby crying she had at once taken the child in her arms in silenced it lovingly. Manish noticed a difference in her, he noticed her eyes full of love for the baby. They say a child gives new birth to his mother, this baby had done excatly that. He had given Suvarna a new life. For her she had gotten her baby back, that lifeless baby of hers which she had held in her hands a year back, had now come back to her. Manish was so happy seeing his Suvarna back, the Suvarna who he had fallen in love with the woman with whom he was was married for the past 8 years. Manish had decided to adopt the baby and informed Suvarna, who was extremely glad at her descion. In the few days that she had spent with the baby she had grown more attached every second. She had named the baby Karthik, the same name they had decided for their baby if it was a boy. Manish had told Akhilesh about his descion, both Akhilesh and Surekha were truly very happy that Suvarna had gotten over the trauma but wondered, wouldn't the other kids feel left out, wouldn't the others feel unwanted and they shared the same thoughts with Manish. Who thought about it for a while and then decided to dropped the adoption idea and convinced Suvarna of the same, though it was a difficult task and she only agreed on a certain condition, that she would come to see Karthik very often. Suvarna and Manish decided they would return to Delhi after Kirti's school summer vacations were over. Little Kirti was 10 times harder to convince than her mother, she was so happy at the thought of having a baby brother, she kept on circling around the baby, making sure that no harm came to him and when her father told her that they baby was not coming, she threw so many tantrums. Which had been difficult to handel for Manish, because Kirti had never gotten angry or had never thrown tantrums especially with him, she was always a complete papa's princess. Only after Manish promised that she could come to Rishikesh every weekend after her vacations did she finally smile. And that's what exactly had happened.

Two and half months later they went back to Delhi. Just as promised Manish promised his two girls. He allowed Suvarna to go whenever she liked to Rishikesh. Suvarna used to stay for three days at Delhi and two days at Rishikesh. Kirti and Suvarna used to be at Rishikesh every weekend. Manish used to come there at least once or twice a month, since there was a lot of work pressure.

Karthik is Suvarna's and Kirti's ladla. Manish also loves him but is sometimes jealous because once only he was the important man in Suvarna and Kirti's life but than Karthik had joined and become the apple of their eyes. Karthik also adores the three of them. Once Kirti had finished university, she had permanently shifted to Rishikesh. Manish had started a branch of Goenka industries in Rishikesh as well, so that Karthik and Kirti could handel it but Karthik refused saying that he didn't want to take advantage to their love.

End of background story.

----------------------

"Hum usse milne chalenge Akshara abhi issi waqt.", Said Naitik
"Lekin woh ayegi kya, uss ne kahan ke uss ke ghar wale iss duniya mein nahi hai. Toh kya tum logon ke bulanne par woh ghar wapas ayegi", asked Rukmani and everyone stayed silent
"Ayegi", said Karthik in a loud clear voice and then went closer to where everyone was standing.
"Aap loggon ne humesha mujhe iss family ke sadisya ki tarhe treat kiya. Thoda mujhe bhi karne di jiye aap logon ke liye. App logon se wadda karta hun aap ki beti ko aap ko laut aunga. Mein usse yahan le aunga. Mein Tina ke andar se Naira ko zinda karunga. Yeh wada hai aap ke bete ka aap se.", said Karthik