Part 7

Thank you so much for all your love.

Naira had excused herself and went upstairs to her room. She locked the doors and then turned to face her room. The place was excatly as she left it, the same furniture, the same bed coverings, each thing excatly where it used to be. The only addition was the tower of gifts lying at the far left end of the room. All the memories came rushing back from the moment where she had first entered into this room after returning from cape town, till the day she left it, hoping to never return back forever. She succumbed to the floor and broke down completely, there was a storm of incomprehensible emotions within her. She left lost, every corner of this room she had decorated herself, yet today this didn't feel like her place. She didn't belong here. She let the tears flow out of her eyes. It had been a tiring day, the long plane journey, followed by the car ride, she hadn't been able to get any proper rest, her body had already started to ache after the plane ride itself, due to the uncomfortable position she had chosen, yet she hadn't complained then thinking that it would get better in a while. The constant crying was draining her out emotionally, making her focus on her physical pain. It was all too much to bear, her eye lids felt heavy and before she knew it, she slipped into unconsciousness.

------------------

Meanwhile downstairs (Singhania Sadan Hall)

Karthik had noticed the pain in her eyes, he knew she must have gone upstairs and broken. He wanted to race on top immediately and gather her in his arms. He tried to explain himself that he was only over thinking, but his heart wasn't in the mood to hear anything. He didn't want to rush upstairs thinking that everyone would panic at his behaviour.
"Di aap Naira ki sarri medicines le ayi", asked Karthik
"Sarri?? Bas ek hai, Jo woh subha leti hai", replied Suvarna
"Nahi maa ek aur bhi hai, pink colour ki, mere samne hi doctor ne prescribe kiya tha aur kahan tha woh raat ko lene ke liye hai, main roz usse phone karke yaad dilata tha ke usse woh divayi lenni hai. App nahi layi kya, mein ek kaam karta hun, usse hi ja kar puchta hun", Karthik lied about the medicine and then went upstairs.
"Karthik aise kyun bhagga. Night medicine hai, aur ab raat hone mein kaafi time hai. Agar Naira medicine nahi le ayi tab bhi hum raat hone se phele medical store se le ayenge. Toh Karthik itne tension mein kyun tha", asked Kirti.
Akshara Naitik Suvarna and Manish eyes widened as realization dawned upon them, the gave a silent look to one another, yelled out Naira's name and ran upstairs. Everyone followed them.

-----------------------

Naira's room

Karthik knocked on the door but received no response, he called out her name but only got silence in return. Finally he pushed on the the door multiple times with full force and succeeded in opening it. He saw Naira lying on floor in an unconscious state. He placed her head in his lap, wiped her tear stained face and tapped her cheeks lightly calling out her name.
"Karthik, Naira ko kya hua", asked Akshara
"I don't  know ma'am jab mein andar aiya woh behosh thi", said Karthik with tears in his eyes
"Aap sab pareshan mat hoye. Naira pregnant hai, aur aisi halat mein low blood pressure ki wajhe se chakkar anna common hota hai. Thodi der mein hosh ajayega. Main tab tak Naira ke liye medicine prepare karti hun", said Devyani

Karthik picked Naira placed her on the bed and sat down beside her.
"Naira please uth jao", said Karthik is a soft tone, gripping her hand tightly between his palms, and trying hard to push back the tears that were threatening to flow.

Flashback

Around 2 months ago when he was back at Rishikesh. Naira had informed him about her possible pregnancy. She had taken a pregnancy test and the results were positive, but she hadn't gone to doctor's yet, she had taken an appointment for the weekend so that he be there with her.

At the clinic
"tum pregnant ho Tina", the doctor who was also a good friend of Naira informed her. Kaira hugged one another happily
"Kya hua, Smirti, tum tensed lag rahi ho", asked Karthik.
"Tina tum underweight ho, jiss ki wajhe se pregnancy ke first three months mein miscarriage ka risk zyada hota hai", Smirti informed the two.
"Don't worry relax", said Smirti as she saw Naira's eyes filling up
"If you gain the sufficient weight in the right way, your baby will be perfectly all right.", Smirti said giving them hope

She cried badly after they came from the hospital, he had calmed her down with great difficulty and then had made him promise that when they give everyone the news they wouldn't tell them this part. He agreed, but only if she promised to take care of herself. He kept in touch with Smirti, called Suvarna, Manish, Kirti, everyday to get to know from each of them if she has eaten her main meals and had some healthy snacks in between. Couple of weeks back during the check up, Smirti informed them the risk had been reduced but Naira would have to continue eating well and take extra care of her health.

End of flashback

He knew dizziness was common during pregnancy, but still he was very scared for both her and the baby, because if anything happened to the baby he knew she wouldn't be able to take it.

He felt her hand that was in his grip move, she slowly opened her eyes, he looked at her with a smile letting the tears flow of his eyes. Naira panicked seeing the tears and sprung up in a sitting position.
"Naira, aram se", called out Akshara but Naira paid no attention
"Karthik, tum ro kyun rahe ho, kahi humare baby ko", she said and her hand touched her stomach
"Nahi Naira kuch nahi hua hai, tumhara baby bilkul thik hai. Mom ne tumhe check kiya hai. Aur bhaiya ne doctor ko bhi bula liya hai, just for a second opinion, woh bhi abhi aate hi honge, tum unn se bhi puch lena", replied Karishma. Naira relaxed a bit but she was only completely at peace when the doctor came and told her that her baby was fine.