Part 11

Thanks for all your votes and comments. So now to 10 years back

-------------------

The train had reached, by looking around the station, Naira, had gotten to know that she was currently in Rishikesh. She decided to leave the station and look around. She was walking around the streets aimlessly. It was really late in night, so it was pretty dark and the air had began to grow a bit chilly as well. It had been half an hour since she had been roaming around the roads, she was lost, hungry and cold. There were shadows lurking around the corner, she could feel eyeballs staring at her, she continued to walk, increasing her pace by the minute. She didn't dare to look back, she put her eyes towards the ground and saw the shadows getting closer. She felt a lump grow in her throat, she wasn't able to move. One of the men came infront of her and blocked her way.
"Let me go", she stammered
"Kyun janne de tujhe", asked the man
"Mere pass kuch nahi hai. Na koyi paise, na koyi valuable cheez. Please let me go", a young Naira pleaded.
"You yourself are really valuable. You know how much money we get for selling, young children like you", said the other man with an evil smirk. Naira knew very well about human trafficking she had previously been kidnapped by a gang as well, she remembered how her parents and Sandhya had saved her and the other girls. Her thoughts came to a halt when one of the men grabbed her hand.
"Let me go", she screamed but he still kept a strong hold. She bit on his hand and ran. She ran till the ghat, she looked behind and saw no one she breathed a sigh of relief, she decided to rest at the ghat for the night.

-----------------

Karthik lay on the bed, with his eyes opened, it was past midnight but sleep had not come to him yet. He felt restless, like someone needed him. He moved his head and looked around, everything looked good. Karthik got off the bed making sure not disturb the little boy who was sharing the bed with him. There were around 12 kids in the ashram, there were many more earlier but most had been adopted. All except Karthik and Pungi were below 8. The orphanage had three care takers, one of them was Negi uncle who was most attached to the kids. The other  two care takers were female who did they job really well also. Karthik walked around the room all the young boys and Negi Uncle were sound asleep. He went to girls room, he knocked the door but got no response, so he pushed it open lightly. All of them were there, sleeping peacefully, as well. He went back out and shut the door. He checked the store room, kitchen and also the baby room where empty cradles were lying now, because there were no babies in the ashram at the moment. It didn't look like there was any danger around. He checked all the doos and windows they were all locked. But he still felt restless, like someone needed him.

"Karthik tu kuch zyada hi soch raha hai", he assured himself.
"I think I need some fresh air that is all", Karthik thought to himself. He took the spare keys from the upper shelf, and left.

------------------

The ghat was a really close to the orphanage so Karthik decided to go there for a while. He saw Naira there, she was shivering and mumbling unintelligible stuff, she looked scared. He shook her lightly to wake her up, Naira got scared she pushed Karthik away from her, he lost his balance and fell in the river.
"What the hell. Why did you do that", he screamed at her.
"It is your fault, who told you to come to me like that all of a sudden", Naira commented
"So you aren't going to apologize, right, okay fine", saying that he pulled on her feet and bought her in the water as well.
"God why did you push me", said Naira irritated
"Technically, I pulled you in the water", replied Karthik
"You stay here if you want, by the way you look and sound like a mendak, you must like being the water. I don't, am going", said Naira getting out of the water and walked up the stairs of the ghat.
"You look lost", Karthik shouted behind her getting out of the river.
"I live at a nearby orphanage, it is really safe there. Why don't you stay the night over there.", Said Karthik
"I don't want any favours from you", Naira replied
"I am not doing any favours on you. Maa and dad made this orphanage to make sure that kids don't go cold and hungry on the roads. If they get to know I found a lost girl but did nothing to help her they would be really upset. Please come", insisted Karthik. After initial hesitation she agreed.

Karthik bought her to the orphanage, since it was really late he thought of informing everyone of her arrival in the morning.
"Your clothes are wet, change them", he said handing her some clothes that belonged to Kirti, since she came often she always kept some extra clothes at the orphanage. The girls room is to the right, you can sleep there, he said and left.

Naira went to the girls room, changed and lay on an empty space on one of the beds. Karthik too put on some dry clothes and went to bed.
-------------------------

I know this part is shorter than usual, sorry about that.