Part 22

Thank you for the lovely response, last part was mainly filler but am glad it was liked. This update is very short.

-------------

The two love birds stayed in each others embrace as if their life depended on one another. After a while Karthik realesed his grip but Naira's hold was still strong. Karthik separated her hands and took two steps back so that they were not hugging anymore.

"I will call the doctor", said Karthik and turned to leave.

"Karthik am alright", Naira replied smiling.

"A normal check up will not hurt", he said through clenched teeth, his back was facing Naira as he had been leaving to go and hadn't turned to face her while speaking.

"I am fine and our babies too, chill.", she said keeping a hand on his shoulder, he turned and looked at her in the eye. She noticed the pain in his eyes.

"Karthik please relax kuch nahi hua hai. Tum tension mat lo", she said while taking her hand in his and rubbing the palm of his hand in an attempt to calm him down.

He gave her a small fake smile. Took his hand out of her grip and walked towards the part of terrace where the railing had broken a while ago and stood at the very edge. Naira's heart raced as she saw the sight, before she could understand anything Karthik slipped. Naira felt her heart stopped beating. She stayed rooted in her place while everyone  screamed Karthik's name and rushed to him, he hadn't fallen to the ground, he was holding the edge. Naksh and Ranveer helped him up.

"Kya tha yeh Karthik. What kind of madness was this", yelled Naira catching his collar as the shock of what she just saw wore of.

"I am alright Naira, absolutely fine, just chill. There is no need to worry.", he said copying her earlier words

"Tum ne meri jaan nikali di tumhari iss harqat se and now you tell me not to worry. How do you expect me not to.", screamed Naira.

"Just like you expected me to. You only went through the fear of lossing me but I went through the fear of lossing you and our kids the pain that am feeling is three times more than what you are feeling. So if you can think I can relax so easily, of course you can as well", he said his voice mixed with anger and hurt.

"Tum yeh bol bhi sakte the, why did you do all this", she yelled

"Acha mere bolne se tum par asar hota hai.", Karthik asked sarcastically.

"Have you ever listen to me if you did you would have taken care while flying the kite, you wouldn't have become so compititive that you forgot where you were standing.", he added in a higher pitch and then left the terrace. His rude behaviour causing Naira to break down into tears.

"Naira", Akshara called out softly placing a hand on her daughter's shoulder. Naira turned to look at her mother with tearry eyes and then wrapped her hands around her and started sobbing badly.

"Uss ne aisa kyun kiya. Meri jaan nikal jati hai usko kho janne ke darr se, woh janta hai phir bhi uss ne aisa kiya", she choked on her words while speaking

"Woh bahut bura hai mein usse baath nahi karungi", she said in a broken voice still clutching her mother. Akshara lightly rubbed her daughter's back in the attempt to relax her.

---------

Karthik was in his and Naira's room in no better state. The sight of Naira slipping was replaying infront of his eyes over and over again. Tears were streaming down of his eyes his, his body trembling with the fear of loosing her.

"Karthik", called a voice. Karthik looked towards the door to see his sister entering.

He got up and hugged his sister.

"Di woh itni ziddi kyun hai. Kyun nahi samajhti woh mere liye kya hai", he said his voice cracking.

-------------

"Naira beta manna ke Kanha ko aisa nahi karna chaiye. Lekin tumhe bhi apna khyal rakhna chaiye tha. You know you mean so much to him, his friend, his love, his wife.", said Suvarna after Naira got a hold on herself

--------------

"Karthik I know that Naira should've taken care but what you did wasn't right either. Do you have any idea how badly you shocked her", Kirti spoke after Karthik seemed slightly calmed down.

-------------

After a while both began to understand their error. Naira walked towards their room while Karthik was on his way to the terrace. Both stopped in their tracks as they came  face to face.

"Woh..mein...", Naira fumbled

"I am sorry", said Karthik

"Nahi, I should be the one apologizing. I am very sorry. Tum ne itna kaha lekin mein ne ek baar bhi tumhari baat nahi sunni.", she said in tears.

"Mujhe pyar se samjhana chaiye. Woh saab nahi karna chaiye jo main ne kiya. Am sorry.", he apologised.

-------------

Do vote and comment if you like.