Part 13

Thank you for all your votes and comments.

--------------

Karthik reached the place, the entrance was closed.
"How should I get in without gaining anyone's attention", Karthik asked himself.
"Ek kaam karta hun let me check back maybe I might get a second entrance or some other way to go in", he thought.

Karthik walked around the building, there was no second door, only a window that was really high up but thankfully Karthik found a ladder near by an dragged it near the window and climbed up. When he reached to the window he saw in the centre there were many kids. It was like the kids were divided into two groups. One had girls and boys, who would be 5 to 12 years old and the other only had girls and all looked above 13. He identified Naira somewhere between the all girls group.
The children were all tied up around the children men looking like goons were standing and walking around.

Luckily no one had any attention on the window.

Karthik looked right down under the window there was a stack of boxes lying right under. The window was big enough for him to be able to get in and the stack of boxes would ensure that it would not be a very big fall  (remember window is high Karthik needed a ladder to go on top, so from the window to the floor their is much height, the boxes give a higher platform for Karthik) but Karthik still hesitates because if the boxes are empty, they might tumble, when he lands on them and everyone will get to know of his presence. He didn't care about himself but he didn't want anyone (or let us just say Tina/Naira) to get in danger because of him. But he couldn't just stay there and do nothing and wait for the officials.

Karthik remembers how on the way to the hideout he informed Manish of the conversation he had heard in the police station. (But did not tell  that he was going there) Manish told him that he would tell the higher officials to go there and not rely on Rishikesh police alone and he (Manish) would also come as soon as possible. Karthik requested not to say anything to Suvarna because she loves children and will be very sad hearing about it.

Karthik stops thinking about his phone call with Manish and decided to concentrate on what to do now. It would take 4 more hours for them to come. Now the goons were only making sure that no one would run away and guarding the place. So Karthik decided to wait because for now no one was being harmed so he waited. And he knew it wouldn't be wise since he himself was only a kid and they were so many of them. Three and a half hours went by like that. Karthik carefully heard whatever they were talking about, things like where they were sending the kids on what day, on what time, all that stuff. Also they were some names mentioned.

Just then he noticed one of the goons tracing a finger down Tina's hand in a dirty way. He got extremely angry and was about to jump not caring about anything but just then Naira herself bend herself a bit and bit the guys hand.

"Go my sherni", Karthik shouted in his mind.
"Teri sherni???", his inner voice questioned him before he could reply to his inner voice he heard "his" sherni scream. He saw that the man who Naira bit had grabbed face roughly and was yelling at her. He couldn't take it. He immediately jumped down, the boxes stumbled and he had a rough landing, all the noise made everyone turn their heads towards him. Karthik picked himself up from the floor and walked up to the guy behaving badly with Naira and caught him from the collar
"How dare you touch her, how dare you say anything to her", yelled Karthik.
The other goons came towards him and pulled him away from the guy he was screaming at. He feel on the ground but he stood on his feet and again went up to the guy who had misbehaved Naira and threw a hard punch in his face and gave him a black eye. The man punched Karthik in his stomach making him groan in pain. Naira got extremely angry at this, she pulled on the ropes tying her hands. It was very tight. She pushed one finger through the knot then a second one loosening it a bit. Slowly the ropes tying her hand came off. She pulled the rope around her waist, bent and got out. She then untied the rope around the waist that tied the other girls to the pillar. Karthik was getting beaten by the goons, he was occasionally throwing punches and kicks at them but they were so many. His lip was bleeding badly. She went towards him but some of men came and caught her. She kicked the one closest and he fell back.
Kaira held the goons back for a while. The other girls help untie each other hands. Untied the younger kids. And all of them also join in helping Kaira.
Just then banging is heard on the main entrance.  Karthik goes and unlocks the door. The police come inside and arrest the bad people. They ask statement from all the kids most of them are scared. Kaira and few others give ghawai.

Naira noticed Karthik limping as all of the children began to walk out of the hideout. She was about to go to him but before that Manish came and hugged him.
"You okay ne beta", Manish asked kissing Karthik's temple
"Yes dad", assured Karthik.
"You don't look too good", Manish replied eyeing the swollen bleeding lip, a hurt on his head and he too had noticed Karthik limping.
"Really, you mean maa is lying. She says am really good looking", Karthik joked and earned a smack on his head.
"Tum toh thik ho Tina aur aap sab", asked Manish to Naira and the other kids and they all nodded positively. And then went back on caring for Karthik. He took out a first aid box from the car and put medicine on Karthik's wounds. Naira got tears in her eyes seeing this. She remembered how her family used to care for her and then how all of them were ready to send her to jail. She was told by Negi uncle about Karthik's relation with the Goenkas and she had seen it for herself in this past one year. It was always heart warming to see them.
"Tina even your hand is hurt let me do first aid for you.", Manish said and then started putting medicine for Naira too. Tears filled Naira eyes seeing the concern.
"Why are you crying beta is it paining too much. Manish asked
"No sir am okay", she replied.
"Am taking you both to the hospital. Then only the orphanage.", announced Manish and took them. While parents of other kids came to collect them.

At the hospital doctor said Karthik got a sprain in his leg, other than that both Karthik and Naira were okay.
"Dad please don't tell maa anything, wo pareshan ho jayegi", said Karthik.
"Nahi bataunga", Manish assured.

Kaira SS - Jamai Rajaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें