Part 17

Thanks for your likes and comments. 😚

-------------------------

"Tina do you want to dance", Karthik asked hesitatingly. Naira did not know what to answer. She loved dancing but she hadn't danced for the past 4 years, it reminded her of her family, especially her father who wanted to see her become a great dancer and teach everyone else. He would always say he would open a dance academy for her when she grew up.
"It is okay if you don't want to", said Karthik breaking her thoughts.
"I would love to", Naira replied to him. Keeping a hand on his hand and they walked together in the centre of the floor.
"Why should you not dance. You love to do it. Do not stop loving what you do for the people who never even trusted you", Naira told herself.
Kaira danced romantically on janam janam from dilwale. Everyone's eyes was glued on them especially on Naira as she danced with utmost grace. Karthik was lost most of the time admiring her and her dance. A series of loud claps sounded as the song finished. Naira smiled, Karthik took a step back and clapped for her as well which made her even more happy.
"That was amazing", said Karthik
"Thanks", she said blushing a bit
"Am not talking about just the moves, but the smile on your face when you danced. You seemed so happy. I never saw such a big smile on your face.", said Karthik
"I love dancing", she said
"Then why I hadn't you for the last 4 years", asked Karthik
"It reminded me of my family. The family which I lost. I didn't want to remember them again because it hurts", replied Naira
"There are few things in life which give us both happiness and pain. All we have to decide is whether that thing gives us so much happiness that we are ready to suffer the pain.", said Karthik.
"Am going to get a drink. You want something. It is all non alcoholic if you are wondering", asked Karthik, Naira nodded negatively.

"Hey your friend out there is beautiful. Very hot I must say", said one of Karthik's friends who was sitting near the bar area.
Karthik shot him an angry glare.
"Why the heck are you looking at me like that. Don't you think the same. I saw the way you got lost in her between the dance. You like her figure, her outter beauty as well. It is just infatuation and lust", the boy said and Karthik was taken aback at the accusation.
"Is my feelings just this much", Karthik asked himself.
"Stop being stupid. You like her for the person she is", his heart answered trying to knock some sense into him.
"But what if he was right. What if what you are feeling is  mere physical attraction.", his brain questioned.
"Stop fighting you both", Karthik mummered as his brain and heart continued to argue.
"Attractions aren't forever but friendship is. I can't risk losing my best friend in the want to find out whether what I feel for her is mere attraction or much more. I need to maintain a distance before it effects our friendship", Karthik decided

Naira was waiting for Karthik.
"Would you like the pleasure to dance with me", she said cheekily as he came back.
"I would have danced alone but these people are only playing romantic song and everyone is dancing in pairs so I don't want to dance alone.", continued Naira.
"Kuch bolo. I think I should I go and ask someone else.", said Naira and walked forward.
"If you don't like the song I will ask the DJ to change it. So that partner ki zarrorat nahi padegi", said Karthik as he advanced to where the DJ was.
"What the hell, doesn't he understand I want to dance only with him. That dance gives me happiness but dancing with him gives me 10 times more the joy", Naira muttered to herself irritated.
"Naira you are a sherni and he is YOUR mendak", her heart told her.
Naira caught up to Karthik. She put his one hand around her waist and kept one hand on his shoulder.
"I think am liking this soft melody", said Naira. As there bodies swayed lightly to the romantic tune.
"Ignoring her is going to be so damn hard.", Karthik thought to himself.
"What are you thinking", Naira asked coming closer and whispering in his ears.
"Nothing", Karthik stuttered.

---------------

They were back at the orphanage by 12. Naira was way too tired and Karthik was on mission ignore Tina so they just said a quick good night to each other and retired to their rooms.

----------------

Naira rolled on her bed, she smiled remembering last night, the party, the way Karthik told his friends he liked spending time with her. Their dance and then frowned as she remembered the way Karthik was pushing her away towards the end of the party.

Naira got up and sat on the bed with her legs folded.
"Woh mujhe ignore kyun kar raha tha (pause) shayad kuch zyada hi soch rahi hun", she said to herself.

--------------------

Naira walked into the kitchen after freshening up. She saw Pungi and Karthik making breakfast. Pungi was near the stove. She looked near by and saw the milk and sugar lying there and realised she might be making tea or coffee.  Karthik was preparing an omelettes.  Beaten eggs were lying in a bowl. Egg shells in the corner of the counter waiting to be disposed. He was cutting some onions. She reached out for the tomatoes and began slicing them. Karthik attention shifted his focus was no more on his work, she was only stealing glances at her when she wasn't looking. He didn't even realise that his finger was in the way.
"Ahh", he screamed in pain as the knife cut into his flesh. Naira immediately left her work and took his hand in his. She sucked his finger to take out the blood. He jerked his hand away from her.
"It is okay", he said sucking on the hurt finger.
"Okay", she said sarcastically
"Yeah just a small cut", he answered
"I saw the way you were cutting the onions. Thankfully you haven't ended up cutting the tip of your finger. Look how horribly it is bleeding and you tell me it is okay. Just stay here and don't move", she said irritated.
She prepared the herbal paste (remember Karthik only applies or has herbal medicines that too the one which Suvarna has told about)
"Show me your hand", commanded Naira.
"I will do it myself", he said taking the bowl from her and walking out kitchen.
Her eyes filled up with tears as she saw him walk out.
"Why the heck are you behaving with me like this Karthik", she muttered to herself.

"I know am hurting you Naira but trust me it is for your own good. I don't want my feelings to increase and come between our friendship. Our friendship is something we both can't loose", Karthik answered knowing her question.
--------------------

Do vote if you like the update
Comment about your views.