Part 14

Thank you for your support and love by your comments and votes.

-------------

It was really late at night by the time they got home. Manish had already left because he had told Suvarna he had a meeting in Mumbai. If we would be away for very long Suvarna will start doubting so he left after telling Kaira to take care of themselves.

"Karthik tum ne medicine laggayi", asked Naira.
"Tum kab se mujhe Karthik bulane laggi.  Mein tumhara mendak hun aur tum meri sherni", said Karthik and then realised what he said. Naira did not know why but she felt very good when Karthik called himself HER mendak and called her HIS sherni but didn't show.
"Woh mera matlab tha that I always do tar tar like mendak according to you. And you always attack me like sherni. Toh issi liye mein.", Karthik fumbled trying to explain himself.
"Let me put the spray on your leg", said Naira wanting to change the topic.
"I will do it myself", said Karthik stretching out his hand so that Naira hands him the spray bottle that is in her hand and she gave him the bottle.
"Naira are we friends", asked Karthik not looking at her, for a moment Naira thought her ears were ringing so she turned to leave.
"Sherni are we friends", she turned back to look at him and saw him looking at her.
"Friendship requires lot of trust and I can't trust you.", Naira answered and Karthik was hurt, Naira noticed.
"It isn't you but me, it is hard for me to trust anyone", she responded
"Last time I trusted my family to trust me they betrayed me. When my own family, my own parents didn't keep my trust then how can I trust a stranger", she thought in her mind.
"So frenemies", asked Karthik forwarding his hand. Naira's chain of thoughts broke and looked at him questioningly.
"Tumhari taraf se hum enemies aur meri taraf se friendship. So frienemies.", asked Karthik again and this time Naira shook his hand agreeing.

------------------------

Another two years had passed. Naira was sixteen and Karthik was eighteen. Kaira used to fight like before only, but they would never let a third person come between them. They both would call each other names and tease each other but Karthik would not tolerate a word against Naira from another person and same for Naira. Even if she didn't say it Naira had began to trust him, that too more than anyone else in this world.  More than she had ever trusted her father also. She would never think twice before speaking her mind too him because she knew he would never judge him. Only one thing she hid that was her past but not because she thought he would doubt her or blame her for Sukanya death.  She knew how much Karthik respected the word family and the emotions related to it. According to him Mother's were God's form on Earth and she didn't want to hurt his belief.
She still hadn't taken that hand of friendship that Karthik forwarded it two years back. She didn't think it was necessary to say they were friends that she trusted him.
Karthik friendship had grown into a soft liking. He thought of "Tina" as the most beautiful girl. Not just to look at but from her heart as well. She was one of the kindest souls he had met. She was part time counsellor according to him, after the kidnapping incident many of the children had gone in depression and when she had found out she talked to each and everyone and got them out of their trauma. All the kids families involved aporeciated her. The word spread and more people approached her for advice, she had earned so much trust at this young age and he was so very proud of her. But hurt that he couldn't earn her trust because she had still not accepted his friendship.

-------------------

"Karthik", Kirti screamed happily while entering the ashram and hugging her baby brother. Okay her 18 year old brother but he would always be a baby to Kirti and Suvarna.
"Di I missed you so much.", said Karthik.
"Me too, I could only come here once every year for the past four years because of my university in London, but now my course is over and I will be here forever", said Kirti
"Yes am so happy di, we will have happy weekends like before", spoke Karthik
"Acha you only want your di for two days in a week.", said Kirti pouting.
"I would love to spend more time with you di but ab toh app office join karengi Delhi mein you will have lot of work.", replied Karthik
"Woh toh hai kaam toh bahut hoga. Magar Delhi nahi yaha", said Kirti and Karthik looked confused.
"My sweet bro, dad is building a goenka branch here that I will handle, because he knows our bond and also how much you are attached to Rishikesh", said Kirti
"I know you don't want  to run the company Karthik. You denied dad last month when he said he wanted you to take over the main branch once you finish your education. You think it is a Goenka right and you are not a Goenka. But all of us me mom, dad, also chachu cachi believe you deserve it. You know very well Karthik that the company is at this height only because of you. You love this field, I have seen the spark in your eyes when you talk about gems and jewellery. I remember six years back when you had pointed out to dad a mistake he made in the presentation he was amazed at you having so much knowledge. Dad started taking your advice more and mom used to get irritated and tell him you were only 12-13 and already had school pressure and not also shove the business on your shoulders and let you enjoy. Dad couldn't resist though and then you said you enjoyed it so mom allowed. After that though dad and chachu were the front face of the company it was mainly you handling stuff, your advices being followed. (Kirti stopped looking at Karthik's expressions). Okay I know you are not going to get convinced but you can at least be a part of the office as a normal employee.", asked Kirti

"Di you remember what happened years back.", asked Karthik and Kirti knew exactly what he was talking about. They had never adopted Karthik legally because they didn't want the other orphanage kids to feel left out. But even then they were never able to stop loving Karthik more than the other kids and as they had earlier predicted the others felt jealous. They used to bully Karthik when the Goenkas weren't around Karthik was around five - six at that time, he wasn't a boy who would complain about things. He was very happy with the love he received from the Goenkas, so the taunts and bad words from the other children didn't matter to him but a year later they came to know about it and felt bad (for Karthik because he was being bullied and for the other kids as well because they were being left out) and Karthik felt worse than them when he saw tears in their eyes.

"Di, I didn't mean to hurt you am sorry di am very sorry", apologised Karthik seeing Kirti's guilty expressions
"I only wanted to remind you that love cannot be limited no matter how much we try we can't stop loving and that love will not allow dad to treat me like a normal employee. And I want to rise with my own hardwork and keep professional and personal life separate ", continued Karthik
"Okay whatever you wish", said Kirti caressing his face.

----------------------------

I know there was lot of Karthik Kirti towards the end. Hope you all didn't mind that. I wanted to give a reason for Karthik not being in Goenka business when he has joined Singhanias when they both are in same field.