Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Running away

It's been two days since I got out from the hospital. I rested for the whole day para lang bumalik ang energy ko. I was exhausted; I am drained emotional, mental and physical. Everything happened few days give me some strength that we'll find Eda soon We still doesn't know where she is right now, as of now, where locating the guy who saved her.

From the hospital I've been designated, we asked for some CCTV previews so that we'll have a picture of him. As part of their patience safety, they helped us. They give us a clip of him inside the hospital. As we seen him, he's five eleven feet of tall. I'm just five seven, not even small.

With the help of my friends, we stroll the whole barangay just to get know where he live and we wonder why they didn't even know him. I go back to the precinct hall and present the image of the guy who helped Eda. And as for information they give, they do not know the guy. They said that it might be in the other town. We're not closing our thoughts to that. Mind if they were right?

"It's been a few days since we got here, Kareem. Why don't we try to go to the other barangay? Maybe he's there."

I shook my head, "we're not done yet, Bruno." I said.

"Kailangan ko ng umuwi," ani Ara. "My tummy doesn't quite good."

"I'll drive you home." Bruno said.

"I'm coming with you, babe."

"C'mon, hop on!" he said as the two girls ran inside the car. "Babalik ako, Kib. Wait me here, okay?"

I nodded to him. They leave Olisha and I. As I saw an ice cream shop, I grab her hands and ran to the place.

"Two vanilla please."

"Oh, no vanilla please." Bigla namang sabi ni Olisha.

"Don't like?" I asked.

"A bit," ngiwi pa niya. "Allergy doesn't care to bother," aniya. "So I'll go with mocha."

I nodded and look up to the crew, "one vanilla and one mocha, please."

As he give us our ice cream. We took some sit first while waiting for Bruno. Hindi pa ako tapos maghanap kay Eda. There's still a place na hindi pa namin napupuntahan kaya magbabakasali kami na kung may makukuha kaming impormasyon sa kanila.

"Kareem, I have a question."

I raised my brow, "yes?"

"What would you give up for her? I mean, the things you would sacrifice for her?"

Sa saglit na napaisip ako ay wala akong naisip, walang tumakbo sa isip ko sa on the spot niyang tanong but I know there is one thing you would to give up on her.

"I shall give up for who I am today just for her." I said straight, "I don't care about the money I have on my atms, cars I've got, house that I can own. Those things are just material that you cannot bring in eternal, so I will give up that for her. Love will do everything, even dying for the one you love."

She raised her brow, "dying for someone you love?"

I nodded, "yes."

"What if dying for her wouldn't be worth it?" napakunot noo naman ako sa sinabi niya. She's being too serious about our conversation kaya natawa na lang din ako but too see her reaction doesn't seems that she's joking. I bit my lower lip. "I mean Kareem, you died for her because you truly love her but on the other hand, that doesn't seem fair. It isn't worthy."