II: Use To

Chapter Two

"You think you're slick

"You think you're slick."

"What Nadi?" I sighed, knowing she was about to spew some bullshit.

It was Saturday afternoon and the mall was booming as we sat in the food court wrapped up in girl talk. After the night I had I figured a little retail therapy would do me good.

"A little birdie told me Smoke gave you a ride last night."

"Yes and your point?" I took a sip from my frosted lemonade as I indulged in a little people watching.

"You sure that's all he gave you sis?" She wiggled her eyebrows together.

"Yes I'm sure, I barely spoke to that man Nadi." I slightly stretched the truth. Words were exchanged - yes, but they didn't need to know that.

"Wait, you mean to tell me you were in the car with your self proclaimed 'everything' and you ain't say shit to him? Girllllll you better than me." She shook her head in disbelief.

"Nadi get out her face, don't nobody want Smoke's trifling ass." Kam interjected.

"Sis needs some dick, that's all I'm saying." I choked slightly at her bluntness.

"Here you go with this shit." Kam chuckled in amusement.

"What! It's true, she gets grumpy when her little cooch hasn't been touched."

"So she needs to go fuck Smoke of all people?"

"Thank you Kam! Clearly this heifer has completely lost her mind." I flicked Nadi's forehead as I discarded my trash.

"Show my guy what he gave up. Show out, do a few tricks bitch." She twerked wildly in her seat.

"What about Gio?"

"What about him? That ain't her nigga." Nadi rolled her eyes in disdain.

"Don't listen to this hoe Sage." Kam shook her head in amusement. You could always count on Nadi to shake the table.

"Trust me I won't be taking any advice from this chicken head. Besides ain't nobody thinking about Smoke and his patchy ass beard." I stood pushing in my chair, ready to shop.

"Whateva, you was staring at that patchy ass beard all last night sis, now lets go, I'm ready to spend Daddy's money." Nadia smiled brightly holding her father's black card.

I couldn't go anywhere without Nadia or Kamryn attached to my hip, we were made for each other.

Snaggle toothed and wide eyed, Nadia Taylor and I met in kindergarten when she declared us twins as we both dawned the same yellow and pink romper. Immediately we became glued to the hip, sharing a love for cookies and cream ice cream and Winnie the Pooh. We remained a duo until 11th grade came around and the new girl from Philly moved into town. Kamryn Cooper was the yin to our yang. While Nadi was loud and flamboyant, Kam was calm and reserved, and I simply found myself in the middle. We complimented each other well I'd say. At the end of our senior year we all committed to Clark Atlanta University. Nadia received a full ride on a track scholarship and decided to major in Athletic Training while Kamryn took on Broadcast Journalism in hopes of one day having her own talk show. As for me, Psychology was my calling as I planned to open my own practice dedicated to adhering to troubled children and teens. We were on our black girl magic shit and with one more semester of our senior year left and grad school quickly approaching, I'd say we were pretty fucking poppin.