IX: Home

Chapter Nine

"Your 4 o'clock is here

"Your 4 o'clock is here." I looked up from my sketchbook to my assistant, Jade standing in the doorway of my office.

"Thank you J, send em back in 10."

Sparking the blunt, the sweetness of Blue Dream instantly filled my lungs.

I needed to clear my mind and this was the quickest way to mentally unwind before I began working. Bobbing my head lazily to J.Cole - Intro I took one last pull before ashing it and fixing myself up.

Gathering my thoughts I headed to my private  booth and began prepping. With my last client on her way in, my day was finally ending and I was more than thankful.

 With my last client on her way in, my day was finally ending and I was more than thankful

Being back in Atlanta was nostalgic to say the least. A month had passed since the move back and I was slowly getting back into the swing of things. It was ironic really, I ran away from this place when I was 20 years old, yet somehow at 25 I managed to find my way back home.

Atlanta and home were two words I'd never thought I'd pair together, but here I was.

After 12 years of wedded bliss my parents, Rahkim and Kimberly Jones decided that marriage was no longer in the cards for them. After finalizing their divorce, my mother packed my siblings and I up and moved us down to her hometown. My father, however remained in Harlem for business purposes.

Every other holiday and one month out of the summer was what the two decided on. The divorce was hard on all of us, but it was no secret that I took it the hardest. I hated Georgia and wanted nothing more than to be back home in Harlem with both of my parents.

I'd promised my dad I'd stick it out and give the south a chance, and for awhile I did. It wasn't my home, but it became a place of new beginnings. I was surrounded by family, new friendships and I was introduced to my first love, Sage.

It wasn't until I was 17 that things took an unexpected turn. My world was flipped completely when my father caught a drug charge and was sentenced to a seven year bid. At 17 I was left without a father figure and from there I began to unravel.