XIV: Whip Cream & Broken Hearts

Chapter Fourteen

"Gio we need to talk

"Gio we need to talk."

"Wassup boo?" I nipped away at my nails, watching as G took a seat beside me.

Turning to face him I released a deep breath and prepared for the worst.

"I want to apologize." My head hung low, afraid to make eye contact.

"Apologize for what?" His brow rose in confusion, unaware of this conversation's endgame.

"I kissed Smoke." I lifted my head slowly, anticipating his reaction.

"Excuse me?"

"At Seven's baby shower, we kissed. It didn't go any further than that, but I just wanted you to know." I confessed, mentally wincing as I spoke each word.

"Ok." He nodded and excused himself from my bed, walking toward the door.

"Ok? That's it?" I spoke up right as his hand touched the door knob.

"Yeah that's it. What else do you want me to say Sage?" He shrugged his shoulders carelessly, his back toward me.

Silence consumed the room as I fought to gather my thoughts into a concise statement. My mind ran aimlessly, yearning for the urge to speak, but I couldn't gather the courage.

Pacing the room, I watched as Gio found solstice in front of the wide window that lined my hospital room. The sun shone bright on him as he raked through his long locs, his face stoney.

"You breaking me bruh, you really are. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder why you didn't choose him."

"Nala don't use me as your safety net, if you want to be with him then be with him. But don't use me, I'm not fucking with that."

"I'm not using y-." I interjected but stopped mid sentence.  He was right.

"You love that nigga and no matter how much you tell me I'm the one you want to be with, I don't believe you. I'm not stupid, I know what the fuck is going on, I tried to look past it, but I can't anymore. I love you with everything in me Sage, but I ain't never played second string and I don't plan on starting now. You out here treating me like a bum ass nigga and that ain't ever been me."

"So what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that this is dead." Pointing between the two of us, he sat down at the bottom of my bed and cradled his face in between his hands.

"You're breaking up with me." I mumbled more so to myself than anything. I wasn't sure how I felt.
Was I shocked? No, but somehow I never thought we would end up here.

"I'm freeing you to make the best decision for you. I want to be with you, but I don't want it if it's not genuine. This relationship will never work if it's anything less than 100% on both ends."