XX: Confessions II

A/N: Hey y'all!
I know, I know.
I've been gone for a grip 😭
It's not muchhh, but here's the continuation of chapter 20! Hope y'all enjoy!

- unedited.

Chapter Twenty Continued

"I understand that you've forgiven him, but I haven't and you're not about to come into my house and tell me that I have to

"I understand that you've forgiven him, but I haven't and you're not about to come into my house and tell me that I have to. My grand baby would be alive right now if his ass hadn't left like a thief in the night."

"Grand baby?" I muttered in confusion as I tried to piece together Mr. Alexander's rant.

"Sean, that's enough!" Ms. Zola spoke, her jaw clenched warning Sage's father to stop talking.

"Yo Sage what is he talking about?" I spoke, my voice shaking with every word.

"Let's talk about this in private." Sage excused herself from the table and waited for me to follow.

"Nah let's talk about it here. Shit everybody else looks caught up to me." I motioned to the room. It seemed like I was the only one out of the loop and I wasn't feeling it all.

"Aww shit, let me gon head and call the police now." Santi dropped his fork and pulled out his phone quickly.

"I'm waiting." I remained in my seat, waiting for Sage to tell me something. Anything was better than nothing at this point.

"Before you left I was pregnant." Sa stood rubbing her arm, her eyes fixated on the floor beneath her.

"Run that by me again?" I sat up in my chair. My ears had to be deceiving me, there was no way that those words had left my girlfriend's mouth.

"Please don't make me say it again." Her voice trembled.

"So where's the kid? Where's my baby Sage?" I stood from my seat. Praying that she didn't do what I thought she did.

"Smoke, this isn't the place man." Dre's hands clasped on to my shoulder.

There was no way I could continue to be in that house and be respectful so my best bet was to leave while I still had the sense to do so.

"You right, y'all be easy I'm out." I pushed in my chair and bounced.

"Raheem!" Sage gripped on to my wrist just as I made my way down the brick stairs that framed her parent's home.

"Let me go Sage." I snatched away from her. I didn't know who was standing in front of me, but it wasn't the girl I fell in love with, this wasn't Sa. To keep something like that from me was beyond low. I felt betrayed and by the one person I least expected.
My mental was elsewhere as I thought about my first born.

What happened?

My thoughts ran wild with a million and one scenarios, but one thing remained constant.
She lied.