Chapter 1

Natsu's POV
In the Fairy Tail Guild Hall

"Hey Lucy! Look at this job." Happy flys over to Lucy and hands her the paper. She grabs it.
"Hm. Defeating a monster for ... 400,000 jewel!" Her eyes widen.

I decide to speak up. "That means we each get ..." Oh crap. I don't know. "...Um..."

"That means we each get approximately 133,333 jewel," Lucy says.

Happy snickers. "Natsu, you can't even do simple math!"

"Shut up! I was just about to say one hundred and thirty... something... thousand... I think..." Laughter errupts from his friends.

"133,333." Sarcasm practically drips from Lucy's tongue.

'I was just about to say that!"

Lucy laughs. "Come on, you idiot. We have a job to do!" Lucy says as she drags us out of the guild.

2 hours later
In the Town of Sari

"I ... will never ... get on ... one of those ... death traps ... again." Lucy half carries, half drags me off the train.

"That's what you always say Natsu," Happy says, flying next to Lucy.

"Come on, Natsu. We're off the train. You can stop being motion sick now. We have to go meet the mayor."

"The ... mayor? Why?" I still feel sick. Most people don't have motion sickness, so they don't know what it's like. Well let me tell you. It's horrible. Like falling off a cliff and landing in oil that's set on fire and then frozen.

"Natsu? Natsu!"

"Huh? What?"

"Natsu," Lucy said. "I was trying to explain to you why we're visiting the mayor."

I blink. "Oh right."

Lucy sighs. "Anyway, I was saying that he was the one who requested us to defeat that monster, remember? Did you not read the paper?"

"Uh ... no?"

Lucy rolls her eyes. "Come on. The mayors house is over there."

We walk up to the house. House is an understatement. It's more like a mansion.

"Wow! It's huge," Happy exclaims. Lucy walked over to the door and knocked. A blue eyed maid opened the door.

"Hello? Can I help you?"

"Hi. We're wizards from Fairy Tail here about defeating the monster."

The maid blinks. Then she realizes what we're talking about.

"Oh, yes. Right this way." The maid leads us through the house and to a door. She knocks.
"Mr. Erando? There are wizards here about the job request."

A man opens the door. He has brown hair, brown eyes, and seems to be in his late 30s. He's wearing a dark blue suit and tie.

"Please come in." He stands aside and we walk into the large room. "Sit down," he says as he sits down behind his desk. We sit in the chairs in front of the desk.

"Hello, my name is Lucy, and this is Natsu." She gestures to me. "And this is Happy," she says, pointing to the blue cat.

"Aye." Happy doesn't look too good.

The man stares, obviously surprised that the cat is blue. And that he can talk. And fly.
Happy flies over to Lucy and sits down in her lap, his wings disappearing.

"Ok ... Um, hello. My name is Nick Erando. I'm guessing you are here about the job request."

"Yeah," I say. "We're gonna crush that monster!" I smirk.