Chapter 11

Natsu's POV

I drag Lucy into the resturaunt. We stop in front of a podium, but I continue to hold her hand.

"A table for two, please," I ask. Lucy arches her eyebrow.

"You're using manners? Who are you and what have you done with Natsu?" She laughs and I smile at her. She's so beautiful; so perfect. I love her long blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, and warm smile that always lights up the room. I love her cute laugh and how she's kind to everyone. I love how she can be scarier than Erza when she's angry. I love how strong she is, even though she doesn't think so herself. I'm such a lucky person.

Then, a waiter comes over and guides us to a booth.

"Is this alright?" He asks, eyeing Lucy.

"Yeah, this is fine for our date," I reply, glaring at him. He gets the message and leaves to get our water. I let go of Lucy's hand, but immediately regret it. I sit down and Lucy sits across from me.

"W-hy would you s-say that?" She says, furiously blushing.

"He was checking you out. There's no way I'm gonna let anyone do that on our date."

She stares at me, still blushing. "A date with Natsu..." She mumbles.

Oh crap! Did she think this wasn't a date? Does she not want to be on a date with me? Just as I start to freak out, she smiles and I swear she whispers, "I like the sound of that."

Over the next 45 minutes we talk, laugh, and eat.

"I can't believe," Lucy laughs, "You and Gildarts accidentally switched bags when you met him on your journey."
"Yeah," I say, remembering how sad Lucy was when I first came back.

"I-I don't believe it," I say in pure disbelief. "The guild is gone, and everybody's fine with that?" A shadow covers Lucy's eyes.
"I don't know," She says.
"That's what it sounds like!" I say, frustrated. "Even if Gramps declared it disbanded, you guys should've opposed it! Laxus or somebody else could've become the next master!"
"I don't know if you're in any position to say that, Natsu."
"Huh?"
"After all," Lucy says, "You weren't thinking about the guild. You didn't consult anyone. You just went on your journey." I sweat nervously, knowing it's true. She gives me a weak smile. "Sorry. I'm sure you had a lot on your mind." I stare at her in guilt. Lucy sighs and leans her head back toward the sky. I'm sad that the guild is disbanded, but Lucy had to deal with that for a year... alone. She's right. I left her. I wasn't thinking about the guild. While I blindly went on a journey, I left my best friend all alone.

"Natsu? Natsu!" I'm dragged out of my thoughts to see Lucy waving her hand in front of my face. I blink.

"Huh?"

"Natsu? Are you okay?" Lucy asks worriedly.

"Oh, sorry. I was just remembering something."

"Oh." She stares at me, not completely believing me.
"Let's go!" I put some money on the table and grab Lucy's hand. I drag her out of the restaurant.

Lucy's POV

Natsu drags me down the street.

"Natsu! Where are we going?"

"It's a secret," He replies. I sigh. More secret locations? Don't get me wrong, this is great; but I would like to know where we're going. I give up and just let him lead me.

Eventually, we arrive at an amusement park. I am happy, but very confused.

"C'mon Lucy, let's go!"