Chapter 2

Natsu's POV

She falls, smiling sadly while tears stream down her face.

No.

She can't die.

"Hey Natsu, look! Mira just put the Fairy Tail mark on my hand!"

"What's the point of magic to begin with if I can't use it to protect my friends?"

"It's always more fun when we're together."

No.

I won't let her die.

I try to jump off the cliff after her, but hands grab me from behind. They turn me around and hug me. It's Erza. Happy flies by and down the cliff.

"Don't," She says.

"No! I have to go!" I struggle to get out of Erza's grasp.

"I have to save Lucy!"

"Natsu!" She shakes her head as a tear streaks down her face. For the first time in years, I cry. I hug Erza hard, my shoulders shake as I sob. Happy comes flying up from the cliff, holding Lucy's motionless body. I turn from Erza and stumble toward her body on the ground. I fall to my knees and hug her hard, holding her head to mine.

"Lucy..."

And then, I hear the most beautiful sound.

Breathing.

2 hours later

She survived.

The doctors say it's a miracle. They're right. It's not everyday someone falls 100 feet and lives. Erza, Gray, Juvia, Levy, Gajeel, Lily, Wendy, Carla, Happy and Master are in the waiting room with me. She's alive, but they're still treating her injuries. I was so scared. I thought she died. I'm so happy. Wait a second.

"Why would you even think about letting go?"
"Because ..." Lucy swallows as a blush appears on her cheeks. She's clearly nervous. "Natsu, I-I love you!"
My eyes widen in shock. She ... loves me? Then I smile.
"I love you, too," I say.

Gahhh! I told her I love her! Wait... She said she loves me first! Does that mean ... we both love each other? A smile breaks out on my face. She survived. And she feels the same way I do. Life is turning out pretty well considering that only 3 hours ago I cried over her "dead" body.

I frown. This is still not good. Lucy's severely injured. Yes, she survived, but that doesn't mean she's not hurt. I was smiling. I'm such an idiot! How inconsiderate can I be?

A doctor comes out through two big doors. His name tag says his name is Dr. Kyle. He has black hair and blue eyes with glasses. He seems to be in his early 30s. He looks over at us.

"You must from Fairy Tail."

We all stand.

"Yes. I am the master. How is Lucy?" Master asks, concern clear on his face.

"Well, you all know that she survived." He shakes his head in disbelief. "She's really lucky, that girl. It's practically impossible to survive after falling from that high. And yet, here we are. I'll show you to her room." Dr. Kyle turns and walks through the two doors again and we follow, keeping close behind him as he leads us down the hallway. We make a turn and go down another hallway, stopping in front of a door. On the door there is a sign that reads: Room 213. Lucy Heartfilia.