Chapter 15

AN: Thank you so much for 500 reads!!

Erza's POV

I swing my sword and it connects with a mage, leaving him unconscious. I kick another one in the stomach, and punch another in their face. I requip for a spear and I swing it around in a circle, knocking ten of them unconscious. Unfortunately, I got separated from Juvia and Gray a while ago.

"Tch." These mages are weak, but there's no end to them. There's still around 200 left. I roundhouse kick a guy in the head and he falls to the ground. Then, I hear a sound. I turn around, my long hair twirling around me. My eyes widen in shock and dread as I see thousands of mages come charging out of the side of their guild.

What.

The.

Hell.

Where are all these mages coming from? Why are there so many?!

I requip my armor and I summon a hundred swords, all of them pointing toward the enemies. "Heaven's Wheel!" I yell as the swords fly through the air and take out a hundred of the mages. In the distance, I hear a faint: "Ice Make:  Sword!" and "Water Cane!" Gray and Juvia. I sigh, relieved. They're okay.

I grunt and fall to my hands and knees as I'm hit by a kick to my back. I turn my head around and am greeted by a solid punch to the face, knocking me to the ground. I turn onto my back and my eyes widen as I see a sword aimed at me. I roll to the side and narrowly avoid a sword to the heart. I stand up and requip back into my Heart Kruez armor. I spin around and duck under a kick that would have hit my head. I grip my sword tightly and jump up, swiping at the man. He takes a step back and avoids my sword, but I take a step forward as well and slash at him again. My sword connects with his and his blade flies from his hand. I shift my weight and kick him in the gut, knocking him to the ground. My gaze moves to the group of enemies coming toward me. I adjust the position of my sword and move my foot back a little, facing the fast-approaching mages.

"Come."

Natsu's POV

Reina runs toward me, her eyes hard with hatred and fury. Her hands glow a bright green and a long vine grows up from the earth. Reina unsheathes a knife from her hip and cuts it as she runs past. She grabs the vine and slashes at me with it like a whip. I bend backward and it slices through the air where my head used to be.

"Tch," she says and snaps the whip toward me again. I move to the side, but it cuts my upper arm. I clench my teeth. Even though the cut was shallow, it still hurt a lot because the vine was covered in sharp thorns. I take a step forward to attack, but I falter. My vision becomes blurry and my breathing comes in short gasps. What is happening? Reina starts laughing. "You're so stupid!" She exclaims, still chuckling. "Those thorns are poisonous." My eyes widen in shock. A wicked smile appears on her face. "Deadly."

I try to take another step, but my legs suddenly feel weak and I fall to my knee. Reina walks up to me and grabs my hair, forcefully tilting my head up. She leans down and whispers in my ear, "I'm stronger than you. You never stood a chance." She straightens and throws my head back, making me lose balance and fall to the ground. She takes a step back from me and puts her hands together. I slowly and shakily stand up as she makes a series of hand motions and her hands begin to glow.

Suddenly, I feel something on my feet. I look down to see dirt and plants crawling up my legs. I try to move, but I realize the earth has hardened on me. Reina is making me into a statue of earth.

Vines wrap their way up my body as the dirt slowly covers and hardens on me.

Eventually, I am up to my chest in dirt and plants. I struggle, but I know it's hopeless. It's slowly sinking in... I am probably going to die here. I close my eyes in defeat.