Chapter 18

AN: Two chapters in two days. Hell yeah.

Natsu's POV

"N-natsu?" A voice says. I whip my head to face Lucy. Her eyes are open.

"Lucy!" I run over to her and wrap my arms tightly around her. "I'm so glad you're awake!"

"Master!" A girl with strawberry-blonde hair sprints to Reina. She whips her head around, her green eyes glaring at me. My eyes widen. Wasn't she... the girl who kidnapped Lucy?!

"You..." We both say. I grit my teeth and we charge at each other. I throw a punch, but she dodges it and roundhouse kicks me. I catch her leg and I throw her to the ground. She gets up and I surround my fist in flames.

"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!" The impact of my punch throws her back a few meters, but she doesn't fall. A shadow covers her eyes.

"Hm~" Jade says, and chuckles. "You're the mage that defeated Master?" She widens her stance and crosses her left arm over her right. "I won't admit someone as weak as you," She says, her eyes shining with hatred, "defeated her!" Her body shines. "Summoning Art: Roaring Beast!" A magic circle appears in front of her, and a bright light shines from it.

Then, the circle disappears and in it's place stands a beast with sharp claws and long fangs. It roars, the sound shaking the ground. It has white fur and bright red eyes. Despite it's appearance, Jade walks over to it with no fear and pets it head. She points to me.

"Kill him."

The beast launches itself at me with surprising speed. For some reason, I can't move, and the beast latches its fangs into my arm. I wince.

"Fire Dragon's Talon!" I say and slam my foot into the creature's side, throwing it a few meters back. It growls and jumps toward me, biting into my arm again. I cry out and I uppercut its jaw, making it release me.

I collapse to my knees, holding my arm. Everything is blurry. I squint at the ground, trying to refocus my eyes. I stand up and my vision begins to clear somewhat. I start running toward the white beast.

"Crimson Lotus: Exploding Flame Blade!" I swipe my arms in a circular fashion, creating a torrent of flames. My flames collide with the ferocious monster and it disappears in a puff of smoke.

"No way..." Jade breathes, disbelief clear on her face. "How did you...?" She crumples to the ground, her eyes closing. "My strongest beast... in such a short amount of time..."

I gingerly sit down to take a quick break. I lean back and stare at the blue sky. Me and Jade unintentionally wandered quite far from where we started fighting. I wonder if Lucy's alright...

Lucy's POV

I stand up and look around. I hope Natsu's doing all right.

"Fool..." I whip my head around to see Reina getting up from the ground, brushing the dirt off her clothes. I thought she was unconscious! "You think I would be defeated that easily?" She narrows her eyes at me. "Don't take me so lightly. I don't plan on losing."

I clench my fists. "Same goes for me," I say. I make the Fairy Tail symbol with my right hand, showing off my pink guild mark. "I'm not going to lose."

Reina grits her teeth. "Impudent girl!" She yells, then runs toward me with an unnatural speed. She swings a punch at me, but I drop and land a swift kick to her midsection. I jump back and pull out a key.

"Open: Gate of the Maiden!" I swipe diagonally with the key. "Virgo!" A magic circle appears and Virgo appears.

"How may I help you?" Virgo asks.