Epilogue

(Cedric's P.O.V.)

He grasped his wife's hand and they ran through the barrier onto the platform. It felt just like yesterday when it had been them getting on the train.

"Dad?" Someone tugged on his other hand, and he dropped down to her height. Iris saw one of her old friends and moved away to say hello.

"Yes?"

"Does it matter what house I'm in? I'm just wondering, because I heard a girl in Diagon Alley saying that it mattered."

"Lilac, every house in Hogwarts is just as good as the other. Some people might say that Slytherins are evil, or Hufflepuffs are weak, or Ravenclaws are stuck up, or that Gryffindors are reckless, but it doesn't matter what they think. Just enjoy yourself and make friends. Study hard and don't forget to write home sometimes." He told her quietly.

"But. . .are Slytherins really evil?" She asked, a slight tremble in her voice.

"No, not at all." He smiled.

"So I don't have to be scared of them?"

"No, there are plenty of nice people in Slytherin, Lilac."

"Okay, thanks dad." She gave him a kiss on the cheek and put her arms around his neck. He hugged her back, enjoying this father-daughter moment while she was still little.

"Why don't we get your trunk on the train and then you can go find someone to sit with?"

She nodded, and he helped her hoist her heavy trunk up into the baggage area. Then before he knew it she was climbing onto the train, seeking out new friends.

Iris was suddenly by his side, and she asked, "What did she want to ask about?"

"She wanted to know if it mattered what house she was in."

"You better not have let your Hufflepuff pride show."

"I've known she wasn't a Hufflepuff since she was born, Iris."

"What? You never told me that. What house do you think she'll be in, then?"

"I have an idea, but I'm not telling."

The train started moving, and Lilac was there at a window, waving goodbye. They waved back, and Cedric caught Iris wiping a tear off of her face. As the train rounded a corner out of sight, he bent to kiss her.

"I'm glad that I can have you to myself now." He mumbled, grinning mischievously.

"Cedric Diggory!" She exclaimed, whacking him upside the head.

"Damn woman, stop abusing me." He rubbed the back of his head.

~~~

Dear Mum and Dad,

The Sorting Hat put me in Slytherin, and I've made so many new friends! School is fun, but I do miss you. My favorite subject is Herbology with Professor Longbottom.

Love,

Lilac

"You knew, didn't you?" Iris asked after reading the letter.

"I suspected." He smiled.

"You know, this reminds me of something." Her cheeks were turning red. "I wonder where I put them."

He followed her curiously as she went into their bedroom.

"Can you get that box on the top shelf down?" She asked.

Cedric could reach it easily, and he handed it to her, wondering what was inside that would make her blush.

"They're for you." She pushed it back into his hands.

"What is it?"

"Letters."

He opened the box, and it was filled with neatly arranged letters, all in envelopes addressed to him.

"They're from you?" He asked, confused.

"I wrote you for letters for pretty much all our Hogwarts years. They're love letters, Cedric." Her blush was deepening.

"You're adorable." He leaned down to kiss her, setting the box aside for later.

"I love you, idiot." She smiled.

"I love you too, Flower."