ten

I looked down as I held the steaming hot coffee cup in my hand. A small cheesecake was sitting in front of me untouched, but it did sound good when I was ordering. Pinky sat across from me drinking her mint chocolate chip smoothie. For someone who went through hell, here we are sitting in a damn coffee shop listening to a sad love song.

"So who are your parents today?" Pinky asked breaking the silence between us.

"My sister took me in. What about you?" I asked playing with my straw.

"A really nice couples who couldn't have children. They really are amazing!" Pinky said smiling brightly.

"Pinky-"

"Please call me Lena. I don't want to hear that name again. Please I'm trying so hard to move on." Pinky, I mean Lena replied grabbing her fork. She took a huge bite from her cheesecake praising how delicious it was. Even though I respect her wishes and I'm happy she's moved on. But I still had one question on my mind.

"What happened to Kie? You two were left in the orphanage together, and-"

"I don't know! I was only there for six months before I was adopted. To be truthful, I don't think he or Lein were going to ever get adopted. All they ever did in the orphanage was get into fights. Mostly about you. How you broke the cult up, and how Insu was taken away to prison."

"I didn't mean-"

"Jiwoo. We know that we had to escape no matter what. Especially for you. That sick bastered was killed in prison two years later by another inmate. I hope he got a reward." Lena said.

"Do you know anything about anyone else from there?" I asked.

Besides me, Pinky, and Kie. In total around fourteen kids ran away including Lien who was helping me. After we ran to the police we were all taken away from each other. It was horrible, not only knowing my mom was dead but also the fact I'm losing my two best friends.

Flashback ~~~

That night I kissed my mom a hundred times before heading off to bed. I knew it would be the last. But I was still hoping that when we get to the police they would save her instead of thinking of her as a bad person. After crawling into my bed I looked at the window, waiting to hear my mom close her bedroom door.

"Jiwoo." My eyes went wide as I turned around in my bed to see Lien standing there in his pajamas.

"Lien. Um-" He pushed me over in the bed laying down beside me. His bare feet were cold as they touched my leg.

"I want to sleep in here tonight. Is that okay?" He asked smiling big. My heart was racing a million miles per hour. I can't crawl out the window with Lien laying beside me.

"Maybe another night-"

"Afraid I might tell daddy about your little friends waiting on you. Don't be. I know your plan on leaving." He calmly stated closing his eyes.

"How-"

"I follow you everywhere. I don't care that you're leaving. I want to leave myself, so that's why I'm coming with you." He said still laying still with his eyes closed. No! I don't wish harm on Lien but I don't want him to come. He's always mean and creepy to me. I don't like him at all!

"I don't know-"

"WHY! YOU CAN'T!" My mom screamed. Both me and Lien jumped up out of the bed running to the door. Standing beside my mom was Insu with a suitcase in his hands. My eyes went wide when I watched Insu pull out a gun shooting my mom. Her lifeless body fell to the ground as Lien backed away from the door. Insu leaned down smiling proudly at my mom's dead body. I wanted to scream but the only thing that was coming out was my tears. Pinky quickly ran out of her room running into mine. She slammed the door behind her looking at me.

"You have to run Jiwoo. He's coming for you!" What is going on?

"What about mommy?" I asked as the tears fell.

"Let's go!" Lien locked the bedroom door running to the window. Both me and Pinky got out with Lien right behind us. Once we were down on the ground we made a run for it to the barn. My feet were hurting as we ran but we didn't dare stop. All I could see in my head was my mom's body falling to the ground.

"Hey, what's going on?" Kie asked as we ran up. Beside Kie was a small group of children with a few bags of things. I was about to speak when I heard a loud siren boom through the air.

"How do they know?" Kie asked.

"How do we escape, because we need to leave now?" Pinky asked. I looked down at my hands. They were shaking so bad. I then looked down at my feet, they were dirty and bleeding somewhat bad. I was still in my pink puppy pajamas and my hair was still slightly damp from taking a bath a little while ago.

"It's this way." Kie said. As we all ran down a old tunnel I noticed that there was fourteen of us. Eight boys, and five girls. All of us not knowing where we were truly going.

All we knew is that we were scared to turn back.