twenty-one

"Jiwoo." I came back to life looking at the detective. I shook my head waiting for him to finish talking.

"So let me ask you a question who do you think the black rose killer is?"

"Not Jungkook. It doesn't make sense. Why save them just for years later to kill them! Jungkook isn't the type of person to kill someone-"

"Jiwoo. We found a man in his basement, and in another room he had on a book shelve black roses. We did test on them, they are indeed the same roses from-"

"NO! NO! NO!" I screamed jumping up. I started walking around breathing hard. This can't be true! I won't believe it! No!

"Jiwoo, please listen to me. I know it's hard, but you have to calm down. This is why you were in the hospital. Your-"

"SHUT UP! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME OR WHAT THE FUCK I'VE GONE THROUGH!" I screamed. I was jerked back and slung against a wall with a harsh slap agaist my face.

"Will you listen to me Jiwoo!" Daesuk screamed at me. I reached up touching my face. He just slapped me. Maybe with all my screaming I needed it.

"I told you my name, but not who I am. Your mother...and I...were childhood friends. I knew a lot about your mother and when I found out she was killed in that cult I became a detective. I even thought about taking you in if your sister didn't. After you guys were taken away I faked myself into that cult. The things that went on after you...were just horrible. They worshiped a picture of you and Insu together. Calling you the 'master's of the world'." As he spoke I felt sick. Now I understand why he wanted me to eat first.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because Insu said you were his real wife. Not your mom. After Insu was found dead I had a fear his son would come after you, since by their rules you were to become his son's wife then. The way this cult ran was just messed up. So when you guys ran away, you did a good thing. Not just for you, but for the other kids in the cult." Daesuk pulled out another photo. This one had a lot more kids within the photo. After I stared at the photo for a few minutes I realized what it was.

"They all got saved as well?" I asked smiling at the picture.

"Jennie is this girl. She works here and really wants to meet you. She thinks you, Jungkook, and Lena are here heroes. Because of you guys telling the police Jennie got to get out the cult and keep her baby. When she was in the cult she got pregnant at fifteen and was told she had to kill her baby. Now her baby is a growing child. That life was given because of you guys Jiwoo. You didn't take any lifes, but gave some. Be happy."

Me be happy? No way. But I am happy for her.

"Can you please do some more work on Jungkook? I know he isn't the killer." I asked nicely.

"Jiwoo, it's written in black and white. He had the black roses, a dead man in his basement, and even a book full of articles about you guys. Plus the number one clue is that his blood was found at the scene of the crime-"

"I saw him! The killer! I saw him more then once, I know it's not Jungkook." I yelled.

I know in my heart it isn't, but my brain is adding pieces to a puzzle I didn't know I was trying to solve. Why is everything pointing to Jungkook being the killer? Why!

"Go home and get some rest. Your sister and Jimin are here to take you home. We can talk more about this another day." Daesuk said opening the door.

Daesuk's POV

"Where did she go? I wanted to talk to her!" Jennie ran up with her purse and jacket in her hands. Her smile disappeared when she saw the now empty room. She took in heavy breaths showing me she did indeed run all the way here like her favorite idol was in the building.

"Her sister and neighbor took her home about five minutes ago. Don't worry, you can see her next time." I laughed handing Jennie a sheet of paper. She let out a huge sigh before looking down at the paper.

"What's this?" She asked.

"Like Jiwoo. I don't really think Jungkook is the killer." I spoke taking a seat at my desk chair. I looked at my computer screen to see my background wallpaper of my wife, daughter, and dog. I smiled a little just remembering when I took that photo of them. It was last year when we took a trip to Hong Kong. My daughter loved it so much saying she would move there when she grows up.

"Why? Everything pointed to Jungkook." Jennie asked.

"That's just it though. Everything is just a little to clean. So much evidence was pointed at him, a little to much. If you were a serial killer would you keep everything in your own house?" I asked. Jennie pulled up a chair looking confused.

"It is a little odd, yeah, I see where you are coming from."

"And not only that. But the blood at the scene of the crime wasn't from Jungkook getting stabbed like Jiwoo spoke. Her neighbor Jimin said him and Jungkook got into a fight earlier that day and he punched Jungkook. Jiwoo used her gown to clean up the blood on his face."

"So..." Jennie added.

"I have a small theory but I'm going to wait until we get more evidence to say it out loud." I said. I watched as Jennie feel out her chair like the dramatic queen she is.

"Don't leave me on a cliffhanger!" She cried out. I rolled my eyes at her clicking on a new file on my computer.

"Sir!" My door burst open showing me my partner. "There's been another murder...and this one....this one is big." Both me and Jennie ran right behind him as we ran to our car. A few more officers were behind us driving to the new scene of the crime.

"But isn't Jungkook locked up?" Jennie mumbled sitting beside me.

"So we had it all wrong. Someone else is the killer." I spoke looking out my window. Who, it isn't Jiwoo, not Jungkook. And Taehyung is dead...who else.

~~~

"OH MY GOD!" Jennie started screaming as we walked up to a club. This place was mostly known for its young kids getting in. The place was way in the back of an abandoned street...so no one probably heard their screams. My partner walked up handing me a folder full of people's names.

"Sir. The total here...is 71 confirmed deaths." My partner spoke. I threw the folder down cursing out loud. You motherfucker!

"But I don't see no black rose?" Jennie spoke. Our partner walked us to the back room where most of the bodies were placed. I had to hold my nose from the horrible smell coming from the room. Jennie ran back out crying and trying to vomit at the same time.

"The club is called The Red Rose, and this part of the club was meant for the VIPS, it's called The Black Rose." My partner explained.

"Shit! We let him get right under our noses!" I shouted.

Is this just the beginning?