twenty-five

Three days later and it was already Friday. I was already getting dress and Pinky was still doing her makeup. I looked at myself in the mirror as the long black dress he got me stared back at me. Don't like it! I told myself. He picked it out. Remember why you are going tonight. Though I'm not going to lie and say there isn't a slight bit of excitement in me. I've never ever been to a ball, this is crazy. And not only that, I'm going with my childhood crush.

"Lena, is it wrong for me to be a little happy about tonight?" I asked Pinky as she applied pink lipstick on.

"No. You're human Jiwoo. It's okay to get happy over a ball with Jungkook. I got Hoseok and I'm not going to lie and say I'm not really excited to go on this date with Hoseok. He's really nice and sweet." Pinky started smiling as she daydreamed about something.

"What happen to your boyfriend?" I asked her remembering her talking about her kind boyfriend.

"We broke up last week after you went to the hospital. He's still a good guy but we wanted two different futures and plus he wanted to move to Japan after high school, and as much as I really loved him. I couldn't just move overseas with him. Do you understand?" She asked sitting the lipstick tub down.

"Yeah...well, no not really. But I understand." I laughed grabbing my shoes.

"Whoever this killer is, he's got good taste in fashion. This dress is beautiful." Pinky laughed twirling around in her dress. Her face was lit up with a huge smile making me smile as well.

"She would have loved you." I said making Pinky stop twirling.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked. I walked over to my desk handing her a picture of me and Doyeon we took a few years ago.

"Wow she's beautiful!" Pinky said taking the photo from my hand.

"Yeah she was." I found myself a hair from crying so I sat the picture back down looking back at Pinky.

"Are you all done, you know because the guys will be here soon." I said walking back to my mirror. I couldn't help but keep looking at myself. My dress was a long sleeve black dress with lace and sparkles. My shoes were a lace open toe high heel that were a little hard to walk on in my bedroom. Pinky curled my hair and placed it in a mess bun with two pieces hanging down to frame my face. I only did little makeup which for me is lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara.

Pinky said she was doing the same that was until she saw all the other makeup stuff she brought with her and ended up sitting in front of the mirror for half and hour

Pinky said she was doing the same that was until she saw all the other makeup stuff she brought with her and ended up sitting in front of the mirror for half and hour. She let her hair down with soft curls running through it. Her hair bounced with every move she took which made her stand out a lot more. Unlike my dark dress and black mask, Pinky had everything almost pink. Her dress was a soft pink color and was dressed in lace like mine. Her mask was white unlike my black one. And the same with her white heels. Everything I wore was from the killer himself but Pinky added some extra touches like for her a pair of long white glove and a purse.

I decided not to bring mine since I thought it might be to much

I decided not to bring mine since I thought it might be to much. I reached over grabbing my cellphone walking into the hallway. I dialed Daesuk's number for it to ring just once. Instead of him answering it was a female.

"Hello Detective Ha's phone but sorry he's in the bathroom at the moment, can I take a call." The female spoke in a hipper voice.

"Um, yes. Can you just tell Daesuk when he gets out we are all dress and just waiting on the guys." I was about to hang up when the girl started screaming.

"Jiwoo! Yoon Jiwoo! My name is Jennie and I've been wanting to meet you for awhile now!" The girl yelled making me jerk the phone away from my ear. I looked down at the phone letting out a small laugh.

"Well, hi." I spoke smiling. She was about to speak when I heard her cursing under her breath.

"Sorry. Daesuk told me to give him back his phone. I can't wait to see you in person!" She hollered making me laugh a little.

"Jiwoo. We'll be at the ball in few minutes. Remember don't leave the dance floor for nothing in the world. We are giving you a ring to put on. The ring will have a tracker so if something happens we'll know where you are. I still think this is a bad idea, but I thank you for at least trying to get this piece of shit." I hung up not to long after looking down at my carpet. I felt happy for a second until I remembered I'm taking a huge risk trying to catch him.

I'm going to dance with the devil.

~~~

"You girls look beautiful!" Jungkook smiled as he saw me and Pinky. Pinky and Hoseok started heading towards the car as I looked back at my living room. On the wall next to the couch was a picture of me and my mom. I smiled for some reason wishing she was still here with me. I then reached over grabbing Jungkook's hand. His hands were slightly cold making goosebumps appear over my arms but I didn't dare pull away. I've always wanted this. To be happy with someone I really care for. Before we left Jimin and Yoongi came to us with the same large mask Jungkook held. I'm going to have nightmares for weeks about that mask.

The drive to the ball wasn't that long but most of the ride me and Pinky talked about different things, while Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi had their own conversation. Once we arrived at the ball Daesuk was standing outside with the ring for me. He gave one to me and Pinky. He handed a watch for Jungkook since we were the most ones to be his target.

I looked up at Jungkook who was staring down at me. His smile was beautiful until he covered it with his mask. I did the same with the help of Pinky. I helped her as well as the Jimin, Yoongi, and Hoseok put theirs on. Only Hoseok's was different since he said he wasn't wearing that mask. Instead he wore a blue and black simple mask, almost like mine and Pinky's.

Walking through the doors I could hear the music already playing. A few people walked passed us staring at us. Thanks, now I'm more nervous.

Once we got inside my eyes went wild. The building was loaded in people mostly in masks like Jungkook's. I felt my hand squeezing Jungkook's even harder as my breathing started to get heaver. I didn't expect this many people. I looked up at Jungkook who's face was hidden behind the mask. I so badly wanted to rip it off to see what his eyes were telling me, but I can't.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for attending this evening's ball. I hope you have fun." A man spoke as he held out his hand showing us the dance floor. I felt my heart beating as I watched people dancing together.

Somewhere in this crowd...the black rose killer is. And tonight I'm finding him.

Someone's POV

I see my Jiwoo, I see Jungkook and Pinky, and her small group of friends. Maybe, I'll show her my true self tonight. Who knows what the night will bring to us? The night is still young, and so are we all.

Tonight, I'm bring the whole family back together. Tonight, my family will be back together.