Chapter thirty four: The puzzle; completed

I cross my arms. Crystal takes the cigarette out of her mouth. I shake my head. "School finishes in what...?" She pulls out her right hand and starts counting down.

"In a week." I answer.

"You've been in school for five months?" Crystal scratches her head and shrugs. Crystal puffs out smoke and starts the cycling of smoking again. I lean against the smoking zone sign. Crystal starts to chuckle to herself.

"You're coming on Christmas. Alright, so you're the late Christmas gift we don't want." Crystal jokes. I shoot a look and she ruffles my hair. She pulls me towards her and kisses my temple. "Phoenix-"

"Phoenix! Are you alright?" Daniel slowly approaches me and Crystal. Crystal gives me a look, communicating with eye contact, 'Adams boy?' I nod, she does the same. Crystal let's go and continues her smoking cycle.

"Hello, Mrs Quinn." Daniel smiles. Crystal shakes her head while she starts to turn a light coloured pink.

"Oh, please. Don't call me Mrs. I don't know how many times I've been called Mrs; I feel so old."

Because you are old. I roll my eyes. And married.

"You aren't old, you look like your only twenty." Daniel chuckles. Crystal starts to laugh too.

"I take it you're going back to school now." Crystal drops her cigarette on the ground and squishes it with her left foot. I glance at Daniel and he agrees with Crystal. Crystal smiles and watches as we head into the parking lot. "I'll see you on Christmas. Don't forget we love you!" Crystal waves at us and we do the same.

"Aw, that was sweet." Daniel winks and I lightly shove him and he smiles. "Three more weeks or a month left?" I give Daniel a side look.

"Ya know, Logan. He sent one photo; your class photo from this year, to about quarter of the school. Kelvin, Leo, Ryan and Troy received it. Leo had to quickly hack the people who got the photo and delete the message." Daniel explains. He opens the car door which I get in the passenger side.

"I only need one more month." I smile.

"So, we won't see you next year than?" Daniel sadly smiles. He starts the car and drives out of the hospital building.

Who would've thought, I had a half brother?

3 days later

Me and Ian sit in the common room. He places an ace down and I roll my eyes. "You just really want me to lose right?" I put the cards down and lean against the chair. Ian starts to giggle and nods.

For a childish guy, he sure does have some brain in him.

"Life is a game, to be able to play it. You have to understand it. The more lives you lose, the easier it becomes." Ian quotes,  spreading the cards around the small table. I look up at him who just smiles.

Kelvin walks into the room a few seconds after and pulls out a walllet. He places coins into the vending machine; bringing out different coloured cans. He notices me after he finishes getting his drinks.

"Hey, Phoenny. Sup, Ian." Kelvin greets.

"Hello, Kelvin! Wanna play? It's super fun!!" Ian persuades. I shake my head and look down at the cards then up at Kelvin who just stares at this situation. Kelvins eyes go blank with no emotion.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Kelvin smirks and nudges me.

"Nothing." Kelvin winks. "I would play but I gotta finish off those other puzzles."